FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lotus Elise Canadian Msrp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like it is going to be $58,425.

That's very do-able.

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/vancouvers...475abd1e&page=1
Yeah man, those thing just look fun as hell!
Decent price for a well-proven car. I like it!

Now, about my raise... :D
wow... talk about missing a lot of the point in that article.

Sure, they switched to the Camry engine for North America, but the extra power was needed because the North American version is heavier.

And that while 'most of the car rags' describe the elise as the most pure of sports cars, it's not quite the case for the North American version. You're going to get ABS, you're going to get A/C, and you're getting more sound deadening material and I think the radio is new for NA as well... not 100% sure tho.

And then you have to pay extra for the sport package for pure sport car-like performance, and forget about driving in unsunny weather if you don't shell out more for something to keep your interior dry.

Still one helluva car.. I'd love to wedge myself in one

If I wanted a TOYOTA engine in a car i'll get the MR2 at half price, thank you.
Nevermind, MR2 is gone anyways.
mo_focus,Nov 7 2005, 09:44 AM Wrote:If I wanted a TOYOTA engine in a car i'll get the MR2 at half price, thank you.
[right][snapback]154110[/snapback][/right]

at half the price, you'd have 1/3rd the car.

apparently the elise has a 9,000 mile service interval, and resides in group 20 for insurance in the UK.. which makes it ridiculously expensive to insure.
I was watching Car and Driver TV yesterday and the host was test driving one of them.. as for the engine differences, they used a varient of the Celica engine. I think what they said was that from air conditioning, ABS, etc it gained 30% or less weight, but the power was increased 60% (dont quote me on the numbers, but it was significantly more power increases than weight increases).

The sum of the review gave the car a really good rating overall, but overpriced.
guilty,Nov 7 2005, 11:17 AM Wrote:The sum of the review gave the car a really good rating overall, but overpriced.
[right][snapback]154154[/snapback][/right]

If it is indeed $58G Canadian I would hardly call it over priced for a European Roadster and an "exotic" one at that. That is less than a Porsche Boxster and on par with a BMW Z4. You expected it top be priced like a Solstice?
I saw a review of it this weekend on SPEED.

Looks VERY cool. However, a guy my size wouldn't stand a chance in that thing.
ANTHONYD,Nov 7 2005, 01:10 PM Wrote:I saw a review of it this weekend on SPEED.

Looks VERY cool. However, a guy my size wouldn't stand a chance in that thing.
[right][snapback]154166[/snapback][/right]

we should find one to test drive.

we can help each other stuff the other into the car.

All we need is a crowbar and two stout men
[Image: gucciacc-7530calzat.jpg]

+

[Image: crisco-0314.jpg]

And we MIGHT have a chance.
They dropped the rover engine because it was never going to pass US emissions in Cali and the Toyota already did. Selling the US spec motor in the UK was an upgrade for the current generation.

Anyone who wants AC in an Elise should be told to piss off anyway.
looks like the a/c and sound deadening material is optional along with the stereo -- all part of the touring package. The sport package comes with the tuned suspension and 15lb weight decrease.

should have visited their site to check first before.
Euro Ford Fan,Nov 7 2005, 12:54 PM Wrote:They dropped the rover engine because it was never going to pass US emissions in Cali and the Toyota already did.  Selling the US spec motor in the UK was an upgrade for the current generation.[right][snapback]154176[/snapback][/right]

I don't think they even have a choice anymore, isn't Rover officially belly up now?
2001 ZTS,Nov 7 2005, 02:16 PM Wrote:
Euro Ford Fan,Nov 7 2005, 12:54 PM Wrote:They dropped the rover engine because it was never going to pass US emissions in Cali and the Toyota already did.   Selling the US spec motor in the UK was an upgrade for the current generation.[right][snapback]154176[/snapback][/right]

I don't think they even have a choice anymore, isn't Rover officially belly up now?
[right][snapback]154187[/snapback][/right]

I thought so.
:blink:
True but Rover engines were not built in house but since the main market went belly up its not surprised if the manufacture went with it.

Rover--- Last see on a boat to India.
2001 ZTS,Nov 7 2005, 11:05 AM Wrote:If it is indeed $58G Canadian I would hardly call it over priced for a European Roadster and an "exotic" one at that. That is less than a Porsche Boxster and on par with a BMW Z4. You expected it top be priced like a Solstice?
[right][snapback]154163[/snapback][/right]

The Car and Driver reviewer said that it was overpriced.. I think the "as-tested" price was something like $43,000USD.. I dont really look at roadsters in the first place so I wouldnt really know about current pricing, all I know is that it's more than I can afford for a summer toy :P
Nothing wrong with a 190HP 4-cyl. It CAN'T have any less torque than the SPI. And in a car that size, more power = more phun.