FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Another Rwd Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have never seen this one before, so if it's a repost, go tell your mommy ;) Kugal Komponents
I think this was one of the original kits for the conversion. Might be the only kit, i think this is the one that Ford Racing sells.
^^^ Anyone have 20 grand i can borrow......5.0 liter Focus.....i want it.
personally i'd like to see another zetec rwd focus.
FocusGuy7476,Nov 5 2005, 04:35 PM Wrote:personally i'd like to see another zetec rwd focus.
[right][snapback]153906[/snapback][/right]

I had considered the idea for a while.

I was gonna keep the svt engine, mount it longitudinal, mate a mustang tranny with an adaptor plate, custom drive shaft and a jaguar x-type rear end.

its a LOT of work, but I had a guy willing to do it... I just couldnt justified doing it to a car that still worth that much.

-Marc
I wouldn't do that conversion.. it's just bastardizing the car in my opinion.

adding weight up front, putting a solid rear axle in, tossing out fuel injection, ugh... you're just killing the car if you do it.

If I ever win the lottery, I'd do mine up as a turbo'd 4 banger with AWD... now that'd be a killer daily driver..
It's a toy at that point. Off to the drag strip with that bad boy.
darkpuppet,Nov 5 2005, 01:03 PM Wrote:I wouldn't do that conversion.. it's just bastardizing the car in my opinion.

adding weight up front, putting a solid rear axle in, tossing out fuel injection, ugh... you're just killing the car if you do it.

If I ever win the lottery, I'd do mine up as a turbo'd 4 banger with AWD... now that'd be a killer daily driver..
[right][snapback]153927[/snapback][/right]

Hey are the AWD available anywhere.....fawk i would buy one of dems in a heart beat.
Im gonna go ahead and assume youve all seen the 347 Focus right?
Anyone got $25g american i can have?

http://www.oncracing.com
^^^^^

OH MY...i want it....i just made my shorts sticky.... :unsure:
darkpuppet,Nov 5 2005, 02:03 PM Wrote:If I ever win the lottery, I'd do mine up as a turbo'd 4 banger with AWD... now that'd be a killer daily driver..

Save your money and just buy a WRX.
STI... that's a sweet arrangement of 300HP, AWD, and an awesome factory suspension.

I'm still waiting to go for a tool in a buddy's STI here in the Bay.
wasn't tribal on FJ seeling a AWD conversion for the focus from an Escape?
2001 ZTS,Nov 5 2005, 09:49 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Nov 5 2005, 02:03 PM Wrote:If I ever win the lottery, I'd do mine up as a turbo'd 4 banger with AWD... now that'd be a killer daily driver..

Save your money and just buy a WRX.
[right][snapback]153959[/snapback][/right]

but if I won the lottary, I wouldn't have to be like everyone else. What's more eye-brow raising? a WRX smoking a focus in the twisties, or a focus smoking a WRX in the twisties? I'd be picking the bigger eye-brow raiser.
JRC ZX3 2003,Nov 5 2005, 06:24 PM Wrote:Im gonna go ahead and assume youve all seen the 347 Focus right?
Anyone got $25g american i can have?

http://www.oncracing.com
[right][snapback]153942[/snapback][/right]

That car is sick. Makes me want to switch to Euro bumper. BTW anybody know where I could get that grill (black surround with silver mesh insert)?
Complete waste of money.

02ztsian

FocusGuy7476,Nov 5 2005, 10:35 AM Wrote:personally i'd like to see another zetec rwd focus.
[right][snapback]153906[/snapback][/right]
I haven't seen a RWD Zetec-can you post a link or steer me in the right direction? Thanks, Ian.
considering how the focus is engineered to be a very competent FWD chassis, I just don't see how you can transform it to a RWD setup without compromising too much.