FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cell Phone People...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just picked up a black Razr today, pretty sweet phone.

But i thought these things record video, or is it just playback video?
And in order to get MP3 rintones and wallpappers, do i need the Bluetooth USB key or a dtata cable??

i DONT REALLY FEEL LIKE PAYING ROGERS $3 FOR EVERY RINGTONE AND/OR GRAPHIC!!

this is mainly directed at paolo and Raine haha :P
talk to phone nerd Paul....he'll hook you up\

nice phone by the way
There is a flex that allows the Razr to record video, but you have to take it to a techy to get done. As for ringtones, yes, you'll need a data cable or a bluetooth adapter for your PC
Is urs a Fido branded or a Rogers branded RAZR? I'm guessing its a rogers one, so The original rogers firmware for the razr did not officially support video capture/record, so people started to put new firmware they found from the net onto their fone, big no no, as it voids your warranty. Motorola just released a new firmware for Rogers RAZR's doesnt matter if its silver or black, it will allow video recording on it now, it will have improved reception and bug fixes. As for the ringtone transfer, if your PC/Laptop has integrated Blue Tooth, just pair it with your RAZR and beam them over, if not, a Bluetooth adapter which connects to your USB port is relatively inexpensive, less than $20 in most cases, and it will allow you to send mp3z directly onto your RAZR, oh and make sure you make them in mono, so u can add more to the phone, oh ya almost forgot, the newer rogers Razr firmware gives you more FREE space too. You can also use a $10 data cable and special software from the net to transfer music to yr RAZR but its much more complicated especially if yr a n00b when it comes to phones, unlike myself and Al Cool. Phil, If u need some help drop me a PM.
Sweet thanks guys. I think ill leave the firmwar upgrade alone, i dontwant to void the warranty. I got a bluetooth USB key, and i start transfering over some graphics and mp3 rings tones.

But for some reason, the ones transfer over i cant set as ringtones? Theycome up in "My Sounds" but not under and ring style profiles. And i noticed that since playing with this bluetooth stuff, i cant access the "Vibe & Ring Detail" on my phone. When i do it juts goes back to the home screen.

Am i just not getting something, or did i use the wrong brand BT key?
FociPhil,Nov 7 2005, 11:52 AM Wrote:Sweet thanks guys. I think ill leave the firmwar upgrade alone, i dontwant to void the warranty. I got a bluetooth USB key, and i start transfering over some graphics and mp3 rings tones.

But for some reason, the ones  transfer over i cant set as ringtones? Theycome up in "My Sounds" but not under and ring style profiles. And i noticed that since playing with this bluetooth stuff, i cant access the "Vibe & Ring Detail" on my phone. When i do it juts goes back to the home screen.

Am i just not getting something, or did i use the wrong brand BT key?
[right][snapback]154134[/snapback][/right]

that sounds like a Firmware bug... try master reset/master clearing your phone, mind you, this will delete everything youve added since you bought/got it. you might have to flash it after all, and for transfering mp3s, just get them from Walmart.com, those are already in the correct file size to play back perfectly, dont make them too big, 30 seconds max. Some times people make WAV files and just rename the extension to .MP3, this will not allow u to Set them as ringtones either, so make sure.
do i have to flash it AFTER i reset/clear, or is that something seperate? I looked on the wal-mart web site but i didnt see any ring tones.