FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So Early Birds...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
17, 15, 14, 12, 11, 12, 17

Forecast temperatures for the next 7 days, in fact it is supposed to stay above average as far as anyone dares forecast which is Nov 17th, maybe longer.
I get to drive the focus for a little longer now. :D B)
1st week of December is always a safe bet. :D
if people put their snows on when it really was winter-like weather, there'd be no wear on the tires!

Honestly, we have snow on the ground in Toronto for maybe 2 months out of the year tops... it only matters if you're going north or to a ski resort
darkpuppet,Nov 3 2005, 01:15 PM Wrote:if people put their snows on when it really was winter-like weather, there'd be no wear on the tires!

Honestly, we have snow on the ground in Toronto for maybe 2 months out of the year tops... it only matters if you're going north or to a ski resort
[right][snapback]153428[/snapback][/right]

That's why I'm not overly worried about running A/S tires. I don't drive into the snow belt and if the weather is that bad I would stay home anyways, because even if the car could make it. I can't :(

NefCanuck
(That reminds me, gotta buy a new ice pick for my cane <_< )
NefCanuck,Nov 3 2005, 01:18 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Nov 3 2005, 01:15 PM Wrote:if people put their snows on when it really was winter-like weather, there'd be no wear on the tires!

That's why I'm not overly worried about running A/S tires. I don't drive into the snow belt and if the weather is that bad I would stay home anyways, because even if the car could make it. I can't :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]153431[/snapback][/right]

with the right skills, you can drive 15 hours through a snowstorm on lowered suspension and all-season radials.
All my dad ever used since the 70's was all season and we made it through every winter just fine. I know people with cars with high priced studded and nom studded winter tires that feel like hit on the road compared to the oll tempo here with motomaster all seasons :lol: Yah can violently jerk the wheel back and fourth trying to make the backend swing out and just try and make the car slide and it just won't (high speed probably) My buddy did that was his sunfire and nearly put her in the ditch. I feel fine with all season on our car.
hizaa... thats why i have my all seasons installed instead of the snows.

after first snowfall, i'll put on my snows
scoobasteve,Nov 3 2005, 01:39 PM Wrote:hizaa... thats why i have my all seasons installed instead of the snows.

after first snowfall, i'll put on my snows
[right][snapback]153442[/snapback][/right]

Bah, you don't need to install snows Scooba... what you need to install are some good luck charms, 'cause you certainly need 'em :P

NefCanuck
All seasons are doing fine thank you.
If anything I'm liking the better straight-line performance of the 14s right now. The car feels noticeably "peppier" with only 14s to turn.

It looks like ASS, but at least it's still rolling.
Damn, what a nice night out. Just hanging with the neighbours over a beer and you'd think it was the month of Augustus. You just know we'll pay for this come the month named for Janus.

Deep thought:

We should rename September, October, November and December. Months named for numbers are boring and non sensical since they are now two months out of sync, anyone who has ordered a beer in a foreign country knows that. (count from 7 to 10 in Spanish/French/Latin/Middle English and you'll get it).

Damned Julius and Augustus for fackin it all up.

All seasons are da bomb :P I think on the ot belts has shifted in one of the tires... car's shaky around 110 where it wasn't with the 17's on
darkpuppet,Nov 3 2005, 01:20 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Nov 3 2005, 01:18 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]153431[/snapback][/right]

with the right skills, you can drive 15 hours through a snowstorm on lowered suspension and all-season radials.
[right][snapback]153432[/snapback][/right]

What would those right skills be? Hooking onto my back bumper or following a slo plow the whole 15 hours from here to Woodstock, New Brunswick? I always honk, wave and laugh at people smashed into a snowy gaurdrail, with their shinny wheels, a/s tires and that look of ignorance on their faces :lol:
what are snow tires?

when snow come, i put the slicks on, more grip
winter tires? i am still using azenis sport... its not even consistently below 40F right now
I don't use snow tires, never did.

but my all seasons are still great :D
Here it comes:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/1...es/CAON0696.htm

Since I'm travelling for work this weekend I was going to take Friday off anyway so looks like one of my tasks that day will be swapping wheels on both cars.

Remember, winter tires are just as much about temperature as they are about snow and ice.
2001 ZTS,Nov 12 2005, 02:38 PM Wrote:Remember, winter tires are just as much about temperature as they are about snow and ice.
[right][snapback]155348[/snapback][/right]

whats the cutoff temp? it was 35F and i was still on azenis?
"They" say (whoever "they" are) that all-seasons start to dramitically worsen in performance at around +7^C.
Pages: 1 2