FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Buying Policies At A Store?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I order a sub and amps...but when then arrive the sub box was damaged and I wasn't satistfied with the product. And the service...And they didn't ask me for a deposit or nothing..so really it's not my problem right??? If I don't want the product anymore it's my decision.
If its damaged, then yeah I wouldnt buy it.
focusonthis_88,Nov 2 2005, 03:38 PM Wrote:I order a sub and amps...but when then arrive the sub box was damaged and I wasn't satistfied with the product.  And the service...And they didn't ask me for a deposit or nothing..so really it's not my problem right???  If I don't want the product anymore it's my decision.
[right][snapback]153192[/snapback][/right]

When goods are damaged during transit, usually you have to take it up with the carrier. In some instances, you can go back to the originating company and file a complaint and they will refund your money (then they go after the transporter).

That's why whenever you receive a package that looks damaged, check the contents ASAP and call the carrier if any damage is present.

Edit: If the goods were damaged before shipment, then yes you could go after the supplier for compensation.

Sounds like you have no obligation to them. If your not happy, then just walk away.
SVT ZX3,Nov 2 2005, 04:44 PM Wrote:Sounds like you have no obligation to them. If your not happy, then  just walk away.
[right][snapback]153208[/snapback][/right]

They send me a letter by mail saying that I owe by 2500$
Is this a physical store or an Internet store? If it's an Internet store, and you already have the product... send it back.

If it's a real store, go in and go bitchslap happy.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 2 2005, 05:09 PM Wrote:Is this a physical store or an Internet store? If it's an Internet store, and you already have the product... send it back.

If it's a real store, go in and go bitchslap happy.
[right][snapback]153217[/snapback][/right]

It's a real store.....Im going to go bitchslap some people!!!

So you didnt buy it then? If the product was damaged in shipping, they cant really expect you to pay full price for it. They could either take it up with their supplier/shipping company to return it or else try to sell it at a discount to get rid of it.

If you didnt put any money down or sign anything then they have nothing on you. Nobody will pay full price for damaged goods, it's stupid to expect you to still want it in that condition.

But then again, a lot of people will have a store special order and item and then end up not interested when it gets in.. that's why most places will ask you for a deposit or something (especially if it's a big dollar item). If not, that's really their problem.
guilty,Nov 2 2005, 05:53 PM Wrote:So you didnt buy it then?  If the product was damaged in shipping, they cant really expect you to pay full price for it.  They could either take it up with their supplier/shipping company to return it or else try to sell it at a discount to get rid of it.

If you didnt put any money down or sign anything then they have nothing on you.  Nobody will pay full price for damaged goods, it's stupid to expect you to still want it in that condition.

But then again, a lot of people will have a store special order and item and then end up not interested when it gets in.. that's why most places will ask you for a deposit or something (especially if it's a big dollar item).  If not, that's really their problem.
[right][snapback]153221[/snapback][/right]

They didn't ask me for any deposit...so im ok.
Oh give me a break. You received an item that was ordered specifically for you. The store can sue you for the cost of shipping if you gave them no notice that you didn't want it. If you got it, and it was damaged, it's the store's liability to REPLACE it for you, but you can't just say you don't want it and expect them to be okay with that. Special Orders cost them money too, as will the RTV
Raine,Nov 2 2005, 06:16 PM Wrote:Oh give me a break. You received an item that was ordered specifically for you. The store can sue you for the cost of shipping if you gave them no notice that you didn't want it. If you got it, and it was damaged, it's the store's liability to REPLACE it for you, but you can't just say you don't want it and expect them to be okay with that. Special Orders cost them money too, as will the RTV
[right][snapback]153228[/snapback][/right]

If he got a broken product, and by the post, they didnt follow up with good service, I wouldnt pay either.
Let me know which store it is... I might have 'friends' there.

Ryan
They didn't ask for a deposit, but did they ask you to sign something? Assuming they did, whatever it was, read it and see what obligations you committed to.

If they didn't ask you to sign anything they haven't got a leg to stand on. And even if you did, they should have some sort of return policy that you might be able to invoke "a priori."

In any event, you shouldn't be expected to accept damaged goods even if it is only the packaging that appears to be damaged.

It seems like you're in the position of strength here; doesn't make a lot of sense for the store to get aggressive with you if they really want to save the sale.
I didn't sign anything...I just don't want to sue me or something...lol
If you signed nothing, and paid nothing, you have no obligation to take the product. Where you would be in s**t would be if you signed an order form agreeing to take shipment of the product no matter what.

They have no legal right to come after you if you refuse the product. They are simply SOL.

Ryan
reldridge,Nov 2 2005, 08:59 PM Wrote:If you signed nothing, and paid nothing, you have no obligation to take the product. Where you would be in s**t would be if you signed an order form agreeing to take shipment of the product no matter what.

They have no legal right to come after you if you refuse the product. They are simply SOL.

Ryan
[right][snapback]153270[/snapback][/right]

That's what I thought...Im going to go Friday and tell them to put the letter then send me somewhere...:lol:
Ricko, what store is this? :huh:
Flofocus,Nov 3 2005, 09:39 AM Wrote:Ricko, what store is this?  :huh:
[right][snapback]153315[/snapback][/right]

Son X Plus!
:o

I thought you were in good with them???
Flofocus,Nov 3 2005, 11:08 AM Wrote::o

I thought you were in good with them???
[right][snapback]153345[/snapback][/right]

I was really good with them! But something happen with the installer (Charlie) and my buddy(Luc that is Charlies cousin.) So, I don't want to get my stuff install there anymore and I don't want to buy anything there anymore.

It's really a long story...the next time we meet I'll tell you about it.
Pages: 1 2