FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Vibrant Intake (ram Air)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what do you guys think of this intake system, i should be getting it in, in a couple weeks. im kinda strapped for cash right now but can i get some opinions on it

thanks
IMO you get what you pay for. I know that Vibrant doesn't used the greatest of quality materials in their products.
I have the volant on my car and it is the nicest yet. I have had a AEM and a APC cold air intake and the both were S#!T. They both broke not even a month after I bought them. Garbage!!!!!!! I say get the Volant and you will have no problems. :D
I havent heard any thing bad about the vibrant, but then again havent heard any good news about it either. I'd say do what everyone else on here does and go with a Violant intake.
I have the Ractive intake, I like it. It's loud and flows nice, works quite well. Check my BLOG for more pics and an idea of how it sits.
vibrant is good for exhausts. I have had their cat back for years on my focus and it rocks. My AEM intake is just fine... I don't know how you can call it garbage....
well, its no secret that the AEM CAI could break.....but I wouldnt go as far as calling it garbage....
I have a Volant too, I have to admit it's a good plus over the stock intake, Only one down side to it I found, and that's looking for a replacement air filter as it's a rare item for places like Canadian Tire / Part Source / most custom shops don't stock it's 4" wide opening on air filters.
Vibrant intakes are mediocre.....for the Focus at least...they were not designed the best...and cause idle issues on some focuses for some reason.....they are aware of the issue...

Volant, AEM, Injen.....etc...

are ALL excellent products....

heck...AEM even comes with a lifetime warranty!!! so if it does break....you're covered....for life! you simply can't beat that...

also with AEM ...they actually ENGINEER all their intakes.....more than what could be said for Ractive, Vibrant, etc.... who simply make an intake that fits in the space provided.... while AEM doesn't always make the highest gains on some applications, they do that for a reason.....to prevent the car from running too lean....which is more than what could be said about most other manufacturers....

so a snippet of background info for you on intakes....
thanks for the input guys, i alos quoted a Ractive one for 180 with taxes is that alright coming from Ractive
Well, I've always equated them to be about the same, Ractive and Vibrant... I wouldn't choose one over the other.

Ryan
Idle issues for sure. I had a vibrant on mine at first and I thought I was having some electrical problems as I would come to a stop at a light, the rpm's would dip down to about stall, but not when I downshifted to a light, always when pulled out of gear and into neutral. Now with the new one, no issues. I'm still kinda stumped.
I've never run into the idle thingy, might be because I have an autotragic.

I DID create an idle / part-throttle problem, but that's because I modded my intake manifold and pissed off my ECU :D :ph34r:
ZTS_DJ,Nov 3 2005, 02:36 AM Wrote:thanks for the input guys, i alos quoted a Ractive one for 180 with taxes is that alright coming from Ractive
[right][snapback]153286[/snapback][/right]

i think i picked up mine for 135 new
I think i have a vibrant, it's kinda no name, so not quite sure, paid i think 60$, that's with the filter, and i love the thing. Makes a nice sound, didn't hurt my wallet, so i'm happy with it