FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Tuners In T.o.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I'm looking to have a tune done on my wife's ZX3. I live in Brampton area and am looking for referals. If you know people in the area ( Good or Bad ) let me know.

Thanks

Roger
Are there major power adders or engine modifications done? If not then probably the standard tune you could get from SCT/Diablo would be fine.

They will give you a tune that will unlock some of the hidden power available with the stock platform. ZX3Tuning I believe gets his stuff from focussport who are very supportive and will workout any issues.

If you are at all looking for a chip/flasher I'd suggest possibly a Xcalibrator 2, simply because you can log the car if you are having any issues, and also read trouble codes (usefull for us focus guys). The Xcal 2 is also not much more than the regular xcal1 or even chip.

More details on the car would probably be helpfull.

I know DaSilva in the area does tuning, and is an SCT dealer, and Steeda is also...I can't comment on their tunes however. But I can say that Randy and FocusSport does a good job, even remote tuning me....
before you get your car tuned by any shop.. ask them how many focuses they've tuned, and what they've tuned those focuses for.

Then call the people up the shop dealt with.. see if they're happy.

nothing worse than a mustang shop cutting their teeth on your focus. You will pay dearly... a generalization, but it's pretty accurate by my observations.

otherwise, sticking to tuners who do the focus, even if you have to go mail order should be fine.
^^ Very good points. Its one reason why I didnt go with a certain tuner since they have not touched a focus. I'd rather deal with somebody that has tuned a focus before and is still running :ph34r:
Yeah, that's why I'm looking for experienced Foci tuners. I've got a 65mm TB and Volant intake. I know it's nothing special, but I want to try and get a performance tune and a Fuel ecomony tune. THe wife likes to pretend that she's all concerned about fuel economy, but she also like to put her foot down once in a wile. I want to give the ability to do so.

Thanks for info guys,

Roger
Steeda.ca Has tuned my Car.
I got a SCT Chip with 4 tunes.

Very Very Good work, Paul and Pat are great guys to deal with.

WWW://Steeda.ca
mine was also tuned by them.(Steeda.ca)..great service..honestly, the best one in town..!
Also..tune that thing ..you'll feel the change right away.

You won't be able to get a tune that will improve on the cruise fuel economy of the stock car. You might be able to get better economy while full throttle, if you trim the fuel enrichment and retard spark. But for cruise, if you have a cat you have to run 14.7:1 AFR, and the EGR settings are probably optimized already... so it is what it is.

I managed to improve the economy of my car with a lean burn cruise, but I can get away with that because I don't have a cat.