FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cel Is On
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gotta cel driving on a 120km trip. I recently put on a shorty header cat and flex, and i noticed my o2 sensors were pretty dirt. But being the cheap ass I put them back on, now that i'm getting a cel i think they might have finally packed in. Anyone have and insight to this assumption?.
Whats the code?
if you put shorty on recently then i would say its your cat and not the sensor.
It's the emission system light. It is not the fault of the cat cause I just passed my emissions test last week with flying colours. The light came on at the end of summer for a day or so but went off and now it's on again.
I can't get a code until I get a diagnostic.
vealzx3,Nov 1 2005, 11:49 AM Wrote:I can't get a code until I get a diagnostic.
[right][snapback]152891[/snapback][/right]

Maybe this will help a little....

http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=13

Yeah....you'll need a scanner to see whats really going on with that code, but this could get you going in the right direction....
Sounds like your sensors are toasted.
Everyone also goes for the cat right away when shorty headers are installed but mone is fine after 4 or 5 years and 60,000km with a shorty.

Could be DPFE, other than the light do you notice any strange behaviour/hestitation?
runs mint. No hesitation, no sputter, no rumble. The light dims a little when I'm at a stop. The cat is aftermarket. I'll try that focus hack, thanks for the link