FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cell Phone Choices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys. looking to get a new phone on my bell plan.

these are the phones i'm considering

Motorola E815

or

Palm Treo 650

I'm upgrading from a Samsung A680 which is on its last life.

Not sure which to choose. Any help is appreciated.
My dad is in the same position you're in. I'm trying to convince him to get the Motorola E815 because it's already more than he needs but wow is it a great phone with a lot of features.

- 1.3 megapixel Camera
- Video Capture and Playback
- MP3 Player
- Bluetooth
- Speakerphone
- External Memory transflash card
- interior and exterior screens
Hmm.. add another phone to the list

Wait and get the EVDO enabled Samsung a920...

Axim?

Seriously, the only one I've liked out of those two is the Treo.
I like my Treo 600, it doesn't have Bluetooth but I like everything else. The 650 has Bluetooth.

The Treo will pretty much do all that MAlby7 listed (don't know what the camera res is offhand) but I like that you can run a crapload of PalmOS programs; I have my pilot logs on an Excel spreadsheet, I can edit it right there on the phone.
I work for bell world, treo 650.
ya i too would say go for the Trio 650 for your Bellus Plan, its the only thing thats not crippled in features like all other Bellus phones usually are.
hmmmm... bell employees...

can i keep my current plan and use the palm?

Hey paolo. If i get the Motorola. can you seem edit some stuffs for me?
scoobasteve,Nov 1 2005, 01:08 PM Wrote:hmmmm... bell employees...

can i keep my current plan and use the palm?

Hey paolo. If i get the Motorola. can you seem edit some stuffs for me?
[right][snapback]152916[/snapback][/right]

Scooba Steve, you can keep your plan, but the cost of an ESN change on Bellus is $25. Yes I can SEEM Edit your motorola to enable all the hidden features that Bellus took out. All the V710 users are doing the same too.
bell never charges me for ESN changes, so that doesnt really matter.

The only other thing that bothers me about getting the palm is the internet data costs.

i hear theyre horrendous.
scoobasteve,Nov 1 2005, 03:12 PM Wrote:bell never charges me for ESN changes, so that doesnt really matter.

The only other thing that bothers me about getting the palm is the internet data costs.

i hear theyre horrendous.
[right][snapback]152947[/snapback][/right]
If you want to do away with internet charges altogether, you can have them disable it. I'm not enabling mine until it becomes more reasonable.

High speed at work and home, I don"t need to check my email in between.
If you want internet, get a Danger Hiptop with the $20 unlimited hiptop internet data option on Fido. thats the cheapest you will find anywhere.
Paolo's right about the data being cheapest on Fido, but it's availability is ass without the Rogers upsell

I say bugger bellus and get a Rogers plan, then get one of these 2:

[Image: hp_ipaq_350x480.gif]

HP iPAQ h6320

or it's big brother:

[Image: hp_ipaq_6515_350x480.gif]
HP iPAQ hw6515

I prefer the first of the two because it has a detachable keyboard vs the second which doesn't, however the second has an embedded camera and no antenna sticking out of it... both run on Windows Mobile tho, so that's a good thing
Raine,Nov 2 2005, 05:19 AM Wrote:I say bugger bellus and get a Rogers plan[right][snapback]153119[/snapback][/right]

Has Rogers Telecom Holdings employees become eligable for Rogers Wireless 30% discount yet?
It would be amusing to watch Al try and sell RogersWireless to Scoobasteve!!!
How about bugger Rogers as they're damned their PAYG customers by doubling up on their email charges. Assholes.
paolo,Nov 2 2005, 10:07 AM Wrote:
Raine,Nov 2 2005, 05:19 AM Wrote:I say bugger bellus and get a Rogers plan[right][snapback]153119[/snapback][/right]

Has Rogers Telecom Holdings employees become eligable for Rogers Wireless 30% discount yet?
[right][snapback]153140[/snapback][/right]

Nope.... Q1- 06.... is when we get our emp discount....

thats why i need something now.... goddamn samsung..
Bell Just got there new 1x-EV Data Network up and running. Upto 3MB /sec BROADBAND. Faster then Rogers, and Fido. Plus there is a promo going on right now I beleive with the Treo 650.
2004ZX3,Nov 2 2005, 08:07 PM Wrote:Bell Just got there new 1x-EV Data Network up and running.  Upto 3MB /sec BROADBAND.  Faster then Rogers, and Fido.  Plus there is a promo going on right now I beleive with the Treo 650.
[right][snapback]153258[/snapback][/right]

ya but Rogers got the green light to launch UMTS/HSPDA which is still faster than EV1-DO
It's hard to say, I think there both in around the same range, but i guess just go with what you prefer. I've been a bell customer for a long long time, plus I work there so I'm pretty one-sided on the whole thing, and I do no that bell has more covereage around north america then rogers, but look around, find the best deal and go with that.
Pages: 1 2