FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The New Civic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mother-in-law brought a new one home last night.

Leased.

Nice little car. 16 inch wheels, great dashboard and controls. Beautiful interior and sharp looking in black.

A definate improvement!

Anyone else seen one yet in person?
fuuny how you say that, i didnt really like the looks of it and i'm not sure if they all come with the digital dash but i'm not really a fan of that either.

Saw one inperson last week. They look a LOT better in person than they do in pics that have bene posted here.

I saw a black one the other day. The front end looks really short. Only the four-doors are available now. The two-door Si won't be out till December. It would probably look better as a two-door.
THE FRONT END IS STUBBY.
Kinda like the Echo.
I had seen a few in person so far, looks ok. Notin that great that's for sure. Better then the last one but not by much. Interior is slick but to far out for me.
2-door coupes are out, but the Si is not out untill December. I like the 2 door a lot better than the 4 door. The ad's say starting at $18,xxx but the coupes that I looked at were between $21-$24k. I liked the shape of the seats in the coupe, but I'm still no fan of the designs in the seat material that Honda always uses.
The hybrid Civic has a $25,800 MSRP, they will probably sell lots.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/051031-1.htm

I'm seriously growing on the design of the new Civic.

It looks much better than previous models!
Much much better.

I was really suprised at the nice steering wheel.
the interior is wicked.

[Image: 2006_Civic_Sedan_38.jpg]
[Image: 2006_Civic_Hybrid_15.jpg]
[Image: 2006_Civic_Hybrid_12.jpg]
EDIT: I'd still stick with my Focus! (just thought i'd mention) :D
Nice cars. I was trading the Focus in for one but needed a co signer. I will wait till the SIRs come out.
ANTHONYD,Oct 31 2005, 11:41 AM Wrote:the interior is wicked.

[Image: 2006_Civic_Hybrid_15.jpg]

[right][snapback]152608[/snapback][/right]

looks nice.. is the in-law's car a hybrid by any chance?
Seen one in person on saturday night at the Olive Garden, I though is looked freaking sharp, Love the re-design, but there is also something wierd looking about it from a certain angel.

FastandFocusZTS,Oct 31 2005, 02:09 PM Wrote:Seen one in person on saturday night at the Olive Garden, I though is looked freaking sharp, Love the re-design, but there is also something wierd looking about it from a certain angel.
[right][snapback]152672[/snapback][/right]

I did the same thing....

It's the front end.

The hood is VERY small, almost echo-ish. It's the large wheels and small front that make it look strange.

And the in-laws is not a hybrid. I told her to look into one, but I think lazyness got the best of her.
The NEW SI or SIR (whatever they're calling it) is supposed to be quicker than the Integra Type R. Could you imagine how much insurance will cost on a small car with 197hp and 180ft-lb of torque?
I saw one today, someone t-boned it near the intersection near my home, it was a blue 2 dr.
yeah. its a tight ride.///i drove one 3-4 days ago that my buddy has as a demo...

they are slick...inside/outside....great redesign/facelift

The inside is particularly sweet...

alas...yet another new car that has the radio molded into the dash to make aftermarket deck installation a nightmare!...my buddy nearly cried when he found that out with his TSX...hahahah...jerkass!@
my friend bougth the new SI a few weeks ago, its a nice lil car...
Pages: 1 2