FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fuel Gauge Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my winter beater my fuel gauge doesn't work...is there a way if I buy a fuel guage and I mounted on the dash...can I connect it directly to the gas tank??

:1engrishsign:

Drinking beers and watching football all afternoon?
bump without errors...I think.
What kind of fuel gauge. Like a pressure? If so and you want it in the compartment I would get a electrical witch are not cheap. Having a mechanical fuel gauge running in the inside of your car isn't safe at all.

Most people just tapp into the fuel rail. Im also assuming this is for a fuel pressure.
Really need help here!
ZX3TUNR,Oct 31 2005, 12:44 PM Wrote:What kind of fuel gauge. Like a pressure? If so and you want it in the compartment I would get a electrical witch are not cheap. Having a mechanical fuel gauge running in the inside of your car isn't safe at all.

Most people just tapp into the fuel rail. Im also assuming this is for a fuel pressure.
[right][snapback]152636[/snapback][/right]

It's not for the pressure..it's the gauge that says if your Fuel or Empty in your gas tank. That's whats not working.
Prolly be easier just getting a Hanes book for that car.
focusonthis_88,Oct 31 2005, 01:38 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Oct 31 2005, 12:44 PM Wrote:What kind of fuel gauge. Like a pressure? If so and you want it in the compartment I would get a electrical witch are not cheap. Having a mechanical fuel gauge running in the inside of your car isn't safe at all.

[right][snapback]152636[/snapback][/right]

It's not for the pressure..it's the gauge that says if your Fuel or Empty in your gas tank. That's whats not working.
[right][snapback]152666[/snapback][/right]

Sorry to tell you. 99% chance the fuel guage sender unit is in the tank (How else can it guage the level of the fuel?) That means run the sucker as low on fuel as you can and drop the tank. Based on the last two fuel guages I had done, the parts are dirt cheap. It's the labour that's a bitch (plus depending on the age/mileage of the car you may be looking at replacing the fuel pump as well if its in the tank with the sender)

NefCanuck