FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Vw Scirocco Makes A Come Back For 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coupe Scoop: VW boss pushes return of Scirocco in 2008!!

I think it looks really wicked, I have to admit I liked the 80's models of these and thought it really kicked it.

2008 Scirocco
i always wanted the 78-79 ones and i wanted to gut it and turn it to a rally car.

the new one looks really good. I wonder why they are calling it Scirocco rather then Corrado?
I would think Corrado sounds better than scirocco!
MAlby7,Oct 30 2005, 02:16 PM Wrote:I would think Corrado sounds better than scirocco!
[right][snapback]152481[/snapback][/right]

Maybe thats what theyre planning on calling the US/Canadian version, cus rememember, the Jetta is called Bora over in europe.

And I remember seeing some concept pics on the Vortex a while back, glad to see they finally are releasing it.
Looks cool...kinda like acura, mitsubishi, and VW all mixed together...

NICE!!
paolo,Oct 30 2005, 01:28 PM Wrote:Maybe thats what theyre planning on calling the US/Canadian version, cus rememember, the Jetta is called Bora over in europe.

actually VW has gone with Jetta for the whole world as of this new version.

Laterz :)
mo_focus,Oct 30 2005, 06:08 PM Wrote:i always wanted the 78-79 ones and i wanted to gut it and turn it to a rally car.

I had an 81 wolfsburg edition that I bought for the whole chassis.... They are really cool.

This new one looks really good.
what was the deal with the wolfsberg edition??
"The V6 seems to be rising its heads!"
The focus would be some sweet ride as a V6 ride all wheel drive!
Hears a pic of the concept VW... B)
[Image: 103362.jpg]
It's kinda sad, when I was 18 I could afford to buy a loaded Jetta. I'm 27 now, make more than 2x a year what I did then, and I can't afford a loaded Jetta.

I think VW lost it's whole purpose. The Scirocco was not supposed to be expensive, nor was the Golf. Simple and reliable cars that were well made, that was the whole appeal of them to me. Now they are as expensive than the Audi's they sell on the same lot :(
[Image: 20051104114958Scirocco.jpg]

2001 ZTS,Nov 7 2005, 02:25 PM Wrote:[Image: 20051104114958Scirocco.jpg]
[right][snapback]154191[/snapback][/right]

that sure looks purdy.
^^

Reminds of the side of the new civic I saw this morning.
Is it gonna come with those wheels?