FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Master Cylinder Leak
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have any issues with their master cylinder leaking.
I Was vacuming out the car this morning and found fluid on the floor. While checking where it was coming from I depressed the cutch pedal and a piss load of fluid came out of it.

Is there a rebuild kit for this or will I need to buy a new one?
yeah i just replaced my whole clutch and everyting with it.My mechanic also told me to replace my master cylinder since it was leaking as well.

02ztsian

Sundown,Oct 30 2005, 08:15 AM Wrote:Anyone have any issues with their master cylinder leaking.
I Was vacuming out the car this morning and found fluid on the floor. While checking where it was coming from I depressed the cutch pedal and a piss load of fluid came out of it.

Is there a rebuild kit for this or will I need to buy a new one?
[right][snapback]152449[/snapback][/right]
I just had the exact same problem. Fluid ran down the clutch pedal, soaked down the rubber so much it slipped off while driving. Good news is with an oil change the bill was only $275 at the dealer. No recall on this problem as I recall (pun intended!).
had it covered through my Extended Warranty program, had the same thing happen, with the fluid on the carpet.. one thing i noticed was my parking e-brake light would flicker every so often.
Well my extended waranty covers it .
Yee haww
Not sure about the carpet though.
Brake fluid and carpet may not be good.
does anyone know what the master cylinder costs on its own?
I'll pick up a spare
i can get you a price tomorrow... um yeah i've seen three clutch masters leaking over time, that should have something done about it... how nice would it be to have you foot slip off the clutch in traffic and you rearend someone... sorry officer but my foot slipped, its not my fault the car is leaking
Over a hundered dollars.

I had mine replaced last winter.
I think it's a tricky installation.

Pain in the ass.