FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Crisis Of Faith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone had a crisis of Fatih? what got you through it?
This would entail having faith to begin with...... I cope with any faith issues that may arise as a result of thinking about death too closely by just not thinking about it .
Faith is so broad a term... one can have faith in many things other than religion... faith in one's abilities, faith in friends...

A crisis of faith is usually the direct result of a question of trust. For the religious faith, one generally experiences it when a prayer is unfulfilled or something inconceivable happens that could be perceived by the believer as a breach of trust between him and his higher power. Although not religious myself, it's safe to say that if indeed we are the product of a God and that God is omniscient, omnipotent and the whole bit, our questioning faith in him as a result of a breach of trust is silly. Obviously with the power to create the universe and maintain it, he would certainly be above our mortal conceptions of right and wrong and would very likely have a higher plan for us than in times we would like. However with such a deity, we would be forced to accept it as his will and although disagreeable, acknowledge that it was the right decision by an all knowing power...

If you were religious.

The main thing is to remember why you had faith in something to begin with. Faith is stronger than trust, and a crucial part of love... faith is earned, and grows, and when questioned, can rebuild instantly if one recalls what inspired them to have faith to begin with... kinda philosophical, but that's what it's all about...
darkpuppet,Oct 29 2005, 06:30 AM Wrote:Has anyone had a crisis of Fatih?  what got you through it?
[right][snapback]152334[/snapback][/right]

I've been in one for the past few years myself. I'm not through it, and for the most part I haven't tried to fix it either. Its wierd, when I go to church (usually only once a month now) I feel wierd, almost like I'm not supposed to be there...
I personally believe you must have faith in yourself before you can have faith in religion. If not you get the blind follower syndrome, since you cant always look towards religion and there will be a massive hole left in life.
You're not giving us lots to go on. I've been through a lot myself and continue to do so. Here's not the time or place but if you want to you have my number and I'm not the only friend you have here. Says a lot about Focus Canada that you would even post something so personal that is obviously bothering you.

Are we still looking for a FC slogan? We've joked about the board not even being about the car and you with your crisis, my own "challenges" and everyone else here's obviously very complex lives I suggest:

FocusCanada, more than just a car club"; the car may not be reliable but you can always count on the club members
;)
good slogan 2001ZTS,

Although, I can't comment on this, I'm anti-religious as I suffered greatly as a child from the " church " always interfering with everything at that time. So as a result, I'm going to keep my views on religion and on this topic to a minimal.

But if this is indeed related to a death in the family, the best thing I can tell you is they ( whom ever it is ) is out of pain now, and the are in a better place not suffereing anymore.

if it's related to random events that make you think that your always on the short end of the stick, or it's always your fault, or you have bad luck, really that is all in your mind and your reading things wrong and you should talk to someone about it, as getting it out in the open is the best way to relieve stress, and fears, and learning from it.
My personal views are that religion is a joke... a 2000-year old boogeyman tale now keeping untold numbers of people "moral" when basic morals just aren't enough anymore.

I lost what little faith I had in "God" about 10 years ago now. I guess I'm an atheist.

3 1/2 years ago now, I suffered an even greater affront to my family that truly reinforced the notion that there is no higher deity in life. Were there a benevolent "God", the innocent would not suffer so.

What crisises my family and I have been faced with, we've relied on each other and not much else. There isn't much else in this day and age anyways. If you don't have the personal conviction to rise above the massive levels of BS you bear witness to each and every day... well, that's one of the reasons suicide is quite favoured among the disillusioned. We call them "disillusioned" because they can't handle reality, and the sugar-coated lie they've been telling themselves just doesn't work anymore.

Those are my beliefs, take it or leave it.
Some very interesting responses indeed.

I can't say I'm having a crisis of faith, my life is pretty good.... Nothing has happened in my life that would change my faith. My dad passing away, some of my closest friends dying needlessly, the basic tenets of my faith have never altered.. nor would they ever, because I've never believed that there is a Great Caretaker™ who would take an interest in my life.

Of course, my belief in other people, and to an extent, myself has changed somewhat over the years. I only ask this question, because I got to thinking again... at what point would I finally lose faith in everything? For as great as this summer has been, my faith in myself has been shaken a couple of times... and for the first time in a long time, I'm becoming much more aware of my own personal resource limitations.

Maybe it was throwing my back out a few weeks ago, but I'm sorta starting to doubt that bulldozing through life is going to keep working for long... and it's going to severely exacerbate some of the choices I've made in the past.

Like I said, no real personal crisis, but sort of something that's been on my mind lately.
Every once and a while I stand back and reassess what my goals in life are and what am I doing wrong and right to make me follow what I'm trying to achieve. I may think that "Goal A" is very important now, but in two years I may realize that "Goal B" is different than "Goal A" and should replace it.

What's working for you now in the case of ideals may not work for you later down the road. This forces you to adapt your thoughts and skills to meet the everchanging day and age.