FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rear Brake Noise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My 03 ZX3 only has 23,000 kms, and the rear brakes (passenger side?) make a horrible noise. I have never owned a car with this level of noise. Is there some kind of issue with these cars?
Can you describe the noise, you probably need new shoes but a description would be great. When does it do it? When applying? when driving?
Kool_ZX3,Oct 28 2005, 12:12 PM Wrote:Can you describe the noise, you probably need new shoes but a description would be great. When does it do it? When applying? when driving?
[right][snapback]152211[/snapback][/right]

with 23K on it, i hope to god he wont need new shoes!!

Take the wheels and the hub off, spray some break cleaner in there and see if that helps. Oh, you have to jack up the car 1st though. :P
Flofocus,Oct 28 2005, 01:44 PM Wrote:Take the wheels and the hub off, spray some break cleaner in there and see if that helps.[right][snapback]152236[/snapback][/right]

By hub, you mean brake drum, right?

Ryan
reldridge,Nov 1 2005, 05:53 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Oct 28 2005, 01:44 PM Wrote:Take the wheels and the hub off, spray some break cleaner in there and see if that helps.[right][snapback]152236[/snapback][/right]

By hub, you mean brake drum, right?

Ryan
[right][snapback]153029[/snapback][/right]

yes
My shoes were giving me trouble at that time... took it in, had them treated, when the noise came back a week later, had em treated again, a week later had them replaced under warranty.

Some of these guys just got damned lucky when it comes to brakes... some are at 140,000km + on original shoes... some of us aren't so lucky..
i lucked out with my brakes, i have 99600kms on my car, its just over 2 years old and the only reason y i had to get new shoes on the rear is cuz one of them was cracked and it was in for a safety. my mechanic said that they shoes were in great condition but because one of them were craked he had to replace them
MINE SUCK - THEY SQUEEL AND THAT FREAKIN NEW! - THE FORD ONES - RIGHT REAR - THE SPRING KEPT COMMING OFF A SCATCHED UP AGAINST THE DRUM - WHAT A NOISE!! :blink: