FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Parkour This!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:blink: holy moly...that guy must have balls the size of melons.

You see him jump for that one crack at the end? man...hes good...

Really good.
if thats real with no photography tricks or stuff like that, wow
He's lucky none of that rock shore off! Especially that part he jumps for. Talk about endurance. To climb straight up 400' with no breaks, no pauses, and no fresh chalk?? EXTREMEEEE
ummm look out spiderman, there's a new superhero in town!!

"Regretfully, this is one of the last videos this guy ever shot."

well I can see why, letting go completely and jumping at a potential grip point could pose a few problems if say... it's not really as good a spot to grab as you thought.
Raine,Oct 28 2005, 02:06 AM Wrote:He's lucky none of that rock shore off!

To get a rock climb that fast he had to have done it 20,000 times already. Plus the fact that its named means its a well known route, so all the rocks are inspected all the times.

Its also not a stright climb (ie 100% vertical) and its only rated a 5.7

Very very fast none the less... considering its an average 15 min climb.
Given your level of skill, with say 20 practice runs and a detail of where all the grab points are, how fast do you think you could do something like that Dan? I know your sport doesn't necessarily focus on this, but I think it's safe to say that your athletic ability is very likely comparable to this guy's
Raine,Oct 28 2005, 02:17 AM Wrote:Given your level of skill, with say 20 practice runs and a detail of where all the grab points are, how fast do you think you could do something like that Dan? I know your sport doesn't necessarily focus on this, but I think it's safe to say that your athletic ability is very likely comparable to this guy's
[right][snapback]152161[/snapback][/right]

I hope Dan atheltic ability is more than this guy....Dont want dan dying on us!

The guy had to die eventually pulling s**t like that....

http://outside.away.com/magazine/0499/9904terminal.html
Raine.. What I do is totally different. I dont train to do something like scale rock fast at all ... and although Im in the shape to do it a quicker then 15 mins average time .. I would never ever get anywhere close to his even if I did train for it.

Rock Climbers build their bodies a certain way.. and the best have all found to be genetically built for this sport with the ability to create massive grip along with other things.

Not to mention the dude is putting himself in alot of risk .... Like ... Ive put myself in some pretty risky situations before that yes, I could have died, but most of them have certain safegoats ... If I miss that grab, kick off that wall and push myself for that grab .. type things.. Not to mention Im generally never freeclimbing as high as he was in this. Most of anything to do with Parkour is done near ground level and at most 1-2 stories high.

Plus, concrete rails ledges .. whatever may be... Alot easier to grip and climb then rock. ALOT.

So ya.. someone trained in parkour cant do what he does just like he couldnt vault/transition/gap like the traceur can.

Hopefully that answers it.
wow, I'm suprised they climed it so fast, but wow what a vid clip.
Frost__2001,Oct 30 2005, 02:01 PM Wrote:wow, I'm suprised they climed it so fast, but wow what a vid clip.
[right][snapback]152478[/snapback][/right]

The guy in the video was just on Guinness Records ... he climbed it in 5 minutes 52 seconds.