FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Canadian Tire Guy - What A Tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mcleans Article

One of the funniest things i've read in a long time :lol:
Best lines from this are:

- You can imagine Canadian Tire Guy's chagrin when his wife heads out for a night with the girls and mentions she's got the stud finder in her purse.

- (Canadian Tire Guy ) was probably one of those boys who was constantly towel-whipped in the high school showers.

- Too bad, because Canadian Tire Guy could use a thick steak and a couple of cold ones, though he's probably maintained his svelte figure into middle age by watching his red meat intake and drinking tasteless, low-carb beer. (No more than two, though, lest he wind up hanging off the roof from his tool belt.)
It's sad, because although Canadian Tire's service dept sucks and they never have exits (you always have to go thru a cash register line, there's never an opening to just leave except thru automotive) they generally have pretty damned good deals and some cool products. I like Canadian Tire, and I can't understand why they promote their stuff with this guy when they MUST know the population obviously hates him
Fear not guys. The Canadian Tire advertising account just changed agencies last week....That guy may be gone already.
ANTHONYD,Oct 27 2005, 01:43 PM Wrote:Fear not guys. The Canadian Tire advertising account just changed agencies last week....That guy may be gone already.
[right][snapback]152040[/snapback][/right]

Oh? So the new ones featuring the new guy/girl combo (The two blonds, the male of which cracks lame jokes about mother in law) were still from the old ad agency?

I thought that they were a sign that CT had switched already :lol:

NefCanuck
Girl - Why is my mothers picture up here

Guy- Because i hold her in high regard

BWAH HA HA HA :(
I'm sure the whole campaign will get the boot. A real "trendy shop" got the account.

The same agency that does coorslight.
I'm sure the whole campaign will get the boot. A real "trendy shop" got the account.

^^Damn rookies double posting^^:D
ANTHONYD,Oct 27 2005, 02:27 PM Wrote:I'm  sure the whole campaign will get the boot. A real "trendy shop" got the account.

[right][snapback]152064[/snapback][/right]

I'd love to see how anyone could try and make Crappy Tire a trendy brand <_<

Canadain Tire has all the pinache of a plumbers butt crack. No fancy pants ad agency is gonna change that.

This is the result of trying to be all things to all people, you satisfy no one.

NefCanuck
i work at CT and this is facking hilarious, and try having to listen to everyone of the current comercials on the little TVs while walking down the aisles.

Thanks God we got a new ad agency, cause ive had enough of these.
[Image: cantire_0.jpg]
Gotta love Crappy Tire Guy
ZX5focused,Oct 27 2005, 07:24 PM Wrote:i work at CT and this is facking hilarious, and try having to listen to everyone of the current comercials on the little TVs while walking down the aisles. 

Thanks God we got a new ad agency, cause ive had enough of these.
[right][snapback]152118[/snapback][/right]

They have the winter tire commerical playing non stop at our local store, i just wanna smash the tv so bad when i am in the auto section :angry: My dad said "turn that damned thing off" the other day but nobody heard him :lol:
Hey check this out - Rick Mercer does 'The Canadian Tire Guy':
[Image: backissues_thumb_nov08.jpg]
http://www.cbc.ca/mercerreport/videos/canadian_tire.wmv
Raine,Oct 27 2005, 01:25 PM Wrote:It's sad, because although Canadian Tire's service dept sucks and they never have exits (you always have to go thru a cash register line, there's never an opening to just leave except thru automotive) they generally have pretty damned good deals and some cool products. I like Canadian Tire, and I can't understand why they promote their stuff with this guy when they MUST know the population obviously hates him
[right][snapback]152027[/snapback][/right]

actually they will probably keep him.

I was reading a article in the Globe and Mail about these types of Commercials. They were saying that commercials like the CT, Jarrod and Subway, and the Leons Furniture type commercials are working very well for their stores. It said something along the lines that Canadians find the commercials so annoying and this is why they stay in our heads......because they annoy us. :lol:

Bad press is good press.... <_<
I'll start with you?

WTF????
ANTHONYD,Oct 28 2005, 08:55 AM Wrote:I'll start with you?

WTF????
[right][snapback]152175[/snapback][/right]
we still havent figured it out, and we work there!!!!
No matter how much everyone hates the guy and find the commercials annoying, crappy tire will continue to make a killing everyday from people like us, b/c we always buy stuff from the store atleast once a week, sometimes 2 or 3 :lol: I know i do :D Hooray for crappy tire B)

02ztsian

Raine,Oct 27 2005, 11:25 AM Wrote:It's sad, because although Canadian Tire's service dept sucks and they never have exits (you always have to go thru a cash register line, there's never an opening to just leave except thru automotive) they generally have pretty damned good deals and some cool products. [right][snapback]152027[/snapback][/right]
The new Canadian tire at Southtrail in Calgary has a no-purchase exit beside the cashiers. Apparantly someone was listening.
ZX5focused,Oct 28 2005, 09:04 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Oct 28 2005, 08:55 AM Wrote:I'll start with you?

WTF????
[right][snapback]152175[/snapback][/right]
we still havent figured it out, and we work there!!!!
[right][snapback]152177[/snapback][/right]

I haven't figured it out, and I'm the guy that comes up with these ideas for a living.

Coming up with that crap is what I do!:LOL:
Pages: 1 2