FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Why I Love Canadian Tire!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My story is about how Canadian Tire changed my life!. Everything that I know about cars, I owe to Canadian Tire.

When I was 16 years old I purchased my first car,a 62 Ford Fairlane, I did not know a brake hose from a tie-rod. The brakes failed on my car and I took it to Canadian Tire. They replaced the rear drums,pads and cylinders etc. Fine, but when I drove the car home the car shook so bad I had to pull over. Four out of 5 lug nuts were missing, and the last one was nearly off!!.They had not replaced or tightened them! I learned that ONLY I can care as much about the quality of the work done on my car. I vowed that I would learn everything possible about my cars. To this day I do every possible repair and modification to my cars.

Later in life I owned an 84 Tempo. The car kept stalling and would be hard to start. It stalled near a CT, managing to get it to CT, they did a SCOPE! ($$$$) and found nothing wrong, but concluded that the ignition module was faulty. Fine with me and it was replaced. The car ran fine for about a month, than I had the same symptons. Took it back to CT, they wanted to do a scope again! and charge me more $$$. But unknown to them I had done my research!. I told them that they did a faulty install on the ignition module and I was not going to pay for a scope and a new ignition module. I further told them that 90% of all modules fail because heat sink compound grease has to be applied to the module to prevent over heating! They reluctantly checked the module and guess what , I was correct, and I did not have to pay. They tried to tell me that I would have to pay for a scope! Fat chance!

Even a simple oil change is too much for them. Having a coupon I took the car to CT for an oil change. While waiting I did some shopping and returned to find my car finished and outside. I paid and went to my car to leave. A voice in my head said "Tony, check under the car!", so I looked underneath, and all the engine oil had pooled under the car. They had stripped the drain nut!. Thankfully I did not start the car.

Yes I owe a lot to CT, I have saved thousands of dollars by learning to repair my car myself.

Great place for snow tires etc, but do I always check the lug nuts? you betcha
God Bless Crappy Trash!
The Justy's tire's were leaking, guessing from sitting for a month or so....

I filled up the tires to 40psi :huh: :lol: , drove the car over to CT. I jacked up the car right in the parking lot. The guys in the garage wtached me do this....

I went in and handed him the tires. The Manager or whatver asked me why I just didnt let them do it.

"Because I know your 16 year old's dont give a s**t about this car, I dont want my wheels falling off on my way home"

He didnt look impressed with me. :lol:
The ONLY time I've ever taken the car to CT for any form of service was when my tire blew on the way home from Montreal. I had no choice but to stop and buy a new tire.
I took my car in for the SGI inspection, and they tell me that i have the wrong battery in the car.

Guess where i got the battery...and guess who installed it...

yup.
The ONLY time I EVER took my car there for service was when Meford's Boy was working. He would deal with my car EXCLUSIVELY.

I won't be going back there for while seeing he doesn't work there any longer :(

I did buy a battery from there but installed it myself. The first one he put on the counter was big enbough for a Peterbilt, I asked hi m to check the size again, I was right, the one he tried to sell me was WAY too big.

The more kitchen appliances they sell, the worst off they are with auto service.
ANTHONYD,Oct 27 2005, 01:39 PM Wrote:The ONLY time I EVER took my car there for service was when Meford's Boy was working. He would deal with my car EXCLUSIVELY.

I won't be going back there for while seeing he doesn't work there any longer :(

I did buy a battery from there but installed it myself. The first one he put on the counter was big enbough for a Peterbilt, I asked hi m to check the size again, I was right, the one he tried to sell me was WAY too big.

The more kitchen appliances they sell, the worst off they are with auto service.
[right][snapback]152036[/snapback][/right]

Oh s**t! what happened ? how come he doesnt work there anymore?
laid off.
My battery is too small. The thing was sliding around in the box!
Took my old mustang there and told them one of the pullies was seized. Hand keys over to the service writer. Then watch the "tech" walk out to the car. Tries to start it, but won't turn over. He proceeds to rev the crap out of the car, engine tries to start but won't. Smoke starts to coming out from the hood and underneath the car. Guy pops the hood reachs in and just yanks out the belt (melted it down!). Anyway they push the car into the garage and call me an hour later to tell me the smog pump seized. I go to the service writer and he askes me if I want it replaced. I tell him no and about what happend outside. He then hands me my keys and a bill for the inspection! I snatched the keys and told him I'm not paying for the inspection. He tells me I have to talk to the service manager and since I'm not having anymore work done they are pushing the car back outsdie. I go talk to the service manager, tell the whole story over again and he just tells me there is nothing he can do about the bill. FRIGGIN MORANS!!! I ended up just walking out with out paying the bill. Called a tow truck and had my car picked up that day. Never heard from CT again about their "inspection fee".
God ontario must suck for tech's, The crappy tire down here has always down a great job on our vehicles in the past whenever a job was to huge and to hard for my dads to do in the garage. We got new rubber for the car yesterday, installed and balanced in 20 mins. They even put on the chrome valve stems and everything we have. They also installed our command start 7 years ago and never had a problem with it until now, it won't start by the remote so i think something went poop somewhere. Some people don't like them but they always do a great job with us and other family members.
I used to always bring my S-10 there for an oil change, and every time I always wanted Quaker state.

Each time I went, I always watched them, from the lounge, put in their Mastercrap oil. Then I bitch at the service tech and they have to drain it and re-fill it again with the right stuff.
Oscar The Grouch,Oct 27 2005, 03:23 PM Wrote:I used to always bring my S-10 there for an oil change, and every time I always wanted Quaker state.

Each time I went, I always watched them, from the lounge, put in their Mastercrap oil.  Then I bitch at the service tech and they have to drain it and re-fill it again with the right stuff.
[right][snapback]152075[/snapback][/right]

If Mastercraft was making oil... i'll laugh. I think you mean Motomaster? :lol:

Anyway, my parents take their cars there, and they've never had a problem. The shop manager always talks to them after the work is done if there is any worries or questions... and they tell us if they notice any other problem pointss down the road (brake wear, tire pressure and wear, suspension, etc) so they're not all that bad. It's unfortunate CT as a CORP is damn cheap, and many stores' management treat their employees like crap. So it's unfortunate, but expectable to receive this kind of service from such a diminishing company. <_<
euro_zx5,Oct 27 2005, 03:57 PM Wrote:If Mastercraft was making oil... i'll laugh. I think you mean Motomaster? :lol:

[right][snapback]152082[/snapback][/right]

Fine then...

MotoMaster...
.....crap! <_<
I heard motomaster oil is made by exxon mobil :blink:

Crappy tire sells good quality parts though and at a good price usually. The strut mounts we bought were the cheapest there then anywhere else and their were made my monroe B)
Oscar The Grouch,Oct 27 2005, 04:04 PM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Oct 27 2005, 03:57 PM Wrote:If Mastercraft was making oil... i'll laugh. I think you mean Motomaster? :lol:

[right][snapback]152082[/snapback][/right]

Fine then...

MotoMaster...
.....crap! <_<
[right][snapback]152083[/snapback][/right]

:P
Kool_ZX3,Oct 27 2005, 04:35 PM Wrote:I heard motomaster oil is made by exxon mobil  :blink:

Crappy tire sells good quality parts though and at a good price usually. The strut mounts we bought were the cheapest there then anywhere else and their were made my monroe  B)
[right][snapback]152106[/snapback][/right]

Make sure that you don't let them install them! :lol:
We did them ourselves, i wouldn't let many people touch this car but my dad and me. I am a apprentice mechanic and my dad is the jack of all trades type guy :D
[Image: cantire_0.jpg]gotta love Crappy Tire
Raine,Oct 27 2005, 05:15 PM Wrote:The ONLY time I've ever taken the car to CT for any form of service was when my tire blew on the way home from Montreal. I had no choice but to stop and buy a new tire.
[right][snapback]152022[/snapback][/right]

I had the same thing happen once, but didnt blow the tire completely, picked up a nail, was repairable. Took it to CT to have it plugged since I was right infront of one of their stores and they somehow fugged that up, ended up needing a new tire:rolleyes:
Pages: 1 2