FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Possible Inheritance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure how serious she is, but my wife's primary nurse may be giving me her 2004 ZX5 5 spd, with 250,000 kms on it. Liquid grey, stock. Do I keep it? part it out? Other than the high, sort of kilometers, it's throwing a CEL, for the EGR system.
Mod it and come out to the meets lol. Free car is a free car. Money can be made.
Keep it, fix it, sell it = Profit.

provided fixing doesnt cost as much as you're gonna sell it for lol.
If it's given to you, then have it checked out by a mechanic stem to stern and get a cost estimate and go from there would be my advice.

If they want some consideration, then it becomes another matter and you'll have to decide whether turning it down because its such an unknown is the best idea or not.

As an example my dad bought my first car for me from his next door neighbour for $500, spent three times that making it "roadworthy" and the thing was a nightmare for the three months I owned it.

But at no point could anyone mention what had happened with the car when the neighbour was in earshot <_<

NefCanuck
An 04 zx5 with that high km probably has allot of highway miles. As long as the engine/car has been serviced its not that bad. How old is your son, does he need a car soon?

Free is free, and you can't beat free. Take it in to a mech. and see whats wrong with it minus the already known CEL. If there is little wrong you may want to fix it up and sell it or fix it up and keep it for your son. If theres too much wrong, i'm sure guys on here would buy parts off it.

Sticker it up all focuscanada.net and we can all donate parts to mod it out :P
hardk0re,Jul 1 2009, 08:27 PM Wrote:An 04 zx5 with that high km probably has allot of highway miles.  As long as the engine/car has been serviced its not that bad.  How old is your son, does he need a car soon?

Free is free, and you can't beat free.  Take it in to a mech. and see whats wrong with it minus the already known CEL.  If there is little wrong you may want to fix it up and sell it or fix it up and keep it for your son.  If theres too much wrong, i'm sure guys on here would buy parts off it. 

Sticker it up all focuscanada.net and we can all donate parts to mod it out :P
[right][snapback]290452[/snapback][/right]

Now there is an idea. :D
TEAM CAR!
put in drews engine and turbo kit since this still has a working tranny and race it
GFXjamie,Jul 2 2009, 08:10 AM Wrote:put in drews engine and turbo kit since this still has a working tranny and race it
[right][snapback]290478[/snapback][/right]

:D But I won't be donating it thats for sure. If you can fix the CEL put it up for sale Im sure one of us would pick it up as a winter beater.