FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Now This Is A Sweet Turbo Setup...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

02ztsian

ZX3TUNING,Oct 29 2005, 01:59 PM Wrote:it's not a SVT contour motor.
this is a SVT contour motor.... ZX3Tuning V6 focus
also the SVT contour motor is also a 2.5L, not a 3L.

the Svt contour motor does not weight that much more than the Zetec actaully, maybe a total of 100lbs as it is almost all aluminum IIRC.

this is just a spin-off of the old "Beast Wagon" some of the older guys might remember. same sort of thing, but had a built V6 Svt contour motor and could keep it together with 450fwhp and 400lb/ft. this just appears to be a Cougar/Contour V6 with a giant hair dryer, not heat shielding and a little cooler mounted too close to the hot side of the turbo.

like i said, 2 smaller turbos mounted low with a larger cooling system for the charge and this would be a great setup.

also, our V6 focus handles just as well as any of the Zetec cars did. it did plow a lot under hard cornering but the 24mm front swaybar wasn't helping that either!
[right][snapback]152382[/snapback][/right]
Mitch, is this your car?
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detaili...92&pgno=1&srt=1
looks pretty cool.

IIRC, some of the guys with 2.5 V6 contours have swapped out the heads from a 3.0L to make a 3.0l in there car.
the car is owned by Shawn Lang but yes that is the Zx3tuning V6 Focus.

and they were swaping the SVT heads onto the 3L bottom ends... it might fit in a focus but there is a LOT more mass and weight to the 3L blocks.
i read the thread on FJ
i beleive the motor was built by tribalfocus and they had it in a car a sema, then this guy bought it off them.
ZX3TUNING,Oct 27 2005, 04:56 AM Wrote:of course you can.
i'd personally go with 2 small turbos and a BIG fmic.
A  red hot turbo sitting right beside the air-water aftercooler = stupid!
[right][snapback]151900[/snapback][/right]

Instead of going with dual turbos, why not go with a good twin Scroll and get good usable power all the way through the RPM range. You may not get as much boost but you won't get any holes either.
Pages: 1 2