FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Interesting Custom Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Ford-Focus-focus-custom...1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks kinda interesting. Altho the back end definately needs some work. I always thought focus would look kinda cool as a coupe.
that's a very interesting concept, doesn't look that bad tho, i kinda like the idea, just wish it was done alot better
id say its 70% complete not 90% and by the looks of it, he didnt upgrade the frame to account fo the lose of chasis stiffness wiht no roof.
good idea, bad execution
Stock engine, lowered, no roof, no radio... any wonder it's from Quebec?

Actually, I retract that... is he from Reno, originally? You should see the rice rockets around here... today, a Paseo in mint condition, on 18s, in a trailer park.

A Civic that just won the entry into next year's dictionary for the picture next to rice rocket. And on and on. Wow.

OTOH, maybe he vacationed in the Dominican.
that don't look right, shoulda done it with a sedan

i think it loooks like a shoe!
THIS VEHICLE WAS REPOSESSED BY THE BANK AND THE ORIGINAL OWNER HAS PUT A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY INTO THIS PROJECT

self explained... :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:
For 1500 maybe its good for parts......its a project not worth finishing....
Ouch... great idea as posted above, but not done correctly. I was thinking the same thing... top cut, body not altered to handle this modification = no good.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, it looks like an incredible idea... just not implemented correctly.
wow, I'll give it a positive remark as to say it's an Orginal idea.

My dad likes the Focus, and he said he's love to take a ZX3 and a Wagon and put the two together to make a Focus Nomad. ( 3 door wagon ).......... but I will say it's a fairly ok project car.

02ztsian

Props to him for an interesting idea. I like the idea of a roadster Focus, no convertable top. Not for winter or inclimant weather but fun in the sun. Lets not beat up on the guy for trying something different. At least he is (was) working on his car; I'm just sitting in front of a computer dreamin!
I like the concept a lot.

The interior while unfished shows that great care was taken with what was done.

The exterior fit & finish looks like it needs some more serious help and unless there was some chassis stiffening done that can't be shown in pictures, I'd be afraid to take the car over anything like railroad tracks. Without the roof the car is likely to shimmy every which way including loose :ph34r:

If someone was willing to buy this and finish it off right though? Definately a show worthy car IMO.

NefCanuck
where is the roof?

what does the "new" roof fit like?

BWHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT A MESS.
ANTHONYD,Oct 27 2005, 12:03 PM Wrote:where is the roof?

what does the "new" roof fit like?

BWHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT A MESS.
[right][snapback]151980[/snapback][/right]
there is no roof, its chopped, not a convertible
what a mess... i don't see the care and attention to detail. It looks typical of a modder who can only afford APC.

the small pics look good though, that's because you can't see the hacked metalwork and incomplete rear end.
whats the deal with those butt fugly tail lights? could someone put some half decent on there like sedan tails or something? overall the idea looks great, but maybe a zx3 is not the perfect candidate for this project, a 2-door sedan might be better suited for this.
paolo,Oct 27 2005, 01:11 PM Wrote:whats the deal with those butt fugly tail lights? could someone put some half decent on there like sedan tails or something?  [right][snapback]152018[/snapback][/right]

Sedan lights will fit the ZX3, but if you want to know how much work it was you will have to ask Ford Racing engineers...

[Image: 0108tur_focus06_zoom.jpg]
crazikev,Oct 26 2005, 10:33 PM Wrote:that don't look right,  shoulda done it with a sedan

i think it loooks like a shoe!
[right][snapback]151888[/snapback][/right]

I agree... a 2 door sedan would be MINT and then they could use that......

It reminds me of a geo
Crazirich,Oct 27 2005, 09:20 PM Wrote:I agree... a 2 door sedan would be MINT  and then they could use that......
[right][snapback]152099[/snapback][/right]

i've though about it, use the doors from a zx3, move the b pillar back to fit the door and some custom glass for the rear windows. probally easy said than done.
You need to give those guys guts for what they did. They where original!
Pages: 1 2