FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fastest North American Zetec?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just wondering whats the fastest focus out there i know of a vortec zetec running 12.9 in the quarter is there any othe?r like im talking street legal full interior kinda focus?
think turbo tom is running in the 10's with his daily driver.

02ztsian

Remember one thing:
fastest=distance travelled per measured time (km/hr)
quickest=time to travel over measured distance (1320ft. or 1/4 mile)

I've likely got the fastest track Focus in the the eastern half of the US. Does that count? :D
P-51,Oct 27 2005, 12: Wrote:I've likely got the fastest track Focus in the the eastern half of the US.  Does that count? :D
[right][snapback]152009[/snapback][/right]
u put it away for the winter yet? if not hit up that autocross in chatham, i would love to see ur car in action
ZX5focused,Oct 27 2005, 05:04 PM Wrote:
P-51,Oct 27 2005, 12: Wrote:I've likely got the fastest track Focus in the the eastern half of the US.  Does that count? :D
u put it away for the winter yet? if not hit up that autocross in chatham, i would love to see ur car in action
[right][snapback]152013[/snapback][/right]

Autocross in Chatham?

I put it away for the season. I'll be reworking the suspension this winter. I didn't want to destroy another set of R compounds because I don't have enough negative camber.
P-51,Oct 27 2005, 01: Wrote:
ZX5focused,Oct 27 2005, 05:04 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]152013[/snapback][/right]

Autocross in Chatham?

I put it away for the season. I'll be reworking the suspension this winter. I didn't want to destroy another set of R compounds because I don't have enough negative camber.
[right][snapback]152023[/snapback][/right]
cool stuff
ya theyre putting on an Autocross at the college in Chatham in november. any old suspension parts you want to get rid of can be sent my way...
Who are "they"?
P-51,Oct 27 2005, 04: Wrote:Who are "they"?
[right][snapback]152086[/snapback][/right]

WOSCA
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...=0&#entry151993
P-51,Oct 27 2005, 08: Wrote:I've likely got the fastest track Focus in the the eastern half of the US.  Does that count? :D

so what do you run in the 1/4 mile?
ZX3_2NV,Oct 27 2005, 10:02 PM Wrote:
P-51,Oct 27 2005, 08: Wrote:I've likely got the fastest track Focus in the the eastern half of the US.  Does that count? :D

[right][snapback]152146[/snapback][/right]

Who cares about quarter mile times in a Focus?!?! Its skill isn't in how quick it is, but rather how it can outclass the competition on track because of it's superior handling. Rob's car is uber fast, but wouldn't be the quickest on the 1/4 mile. Try taking him on in a circut tho. He laps mustangs like they're Elantras
I care for 1/4mile times. Fawkin loser. :lol: :P
ZX3_2NV,Oct 28 2005, 03:02 AM Wrote:

Not a clue! :P
P-51,Oct 28 2005, 05: Wrote:

[right][snapback]152178[/snapback][/right]

So what your saying is you have the quickest track focus but you never ran it on a track so how do you figure your the fastest. Dyno results don't count for 1/4 mile times.

and i back up Flofocus dont get me wrong i like circut racing but i love drag racing so don't hate Raine
ZX3_2NV,Oct 28 2005, 05:29 PM Wrote:
P-51,Oct 28 2005, 05: Wrote:

[right][snapback]152178[/snapback][/right]

So what your saying is you have the quickest track focus but you never ran it on a track so how do you figure your the fastest. Dyno results don't count for 1/4 mile times.

and i back up Flofocus dont get me wrong i like circut racing but i love drag racing so don't hate Raine
[right][snapback]152298[/snapback][/right]

Sits back grabs a beer and waits for the fun to start! :P :lol:
Hmm, I wonder if somebody out there has the SLOWEST north american focus?
Quote:So what your saying is you have the quickest track focus but you never ran it on a track so how do you figure your the fastest. Dyno results don't count for 1/4 mile times.

I said my car was the fastest track Focus, not drag strip. Why would you assume I was talking about drag strip times?

Drag racing a Focus is like competing in the special olympics.

;)
all you guys are focus drivers but why do you still hate on the focus i don't understand why don't you tell these guys that drag racing a focus is like dragging in the special olympics

[Image: overboostfastestfocus.jpg][Image: kh.jpg][Image: overboostyellowracer.jpg][Image: overboostyellow3.jpg][Image: overboostblack.jpg][Image: kjh.jpg]
[Image: l-jellybean4.jpg]
this arguments dont make any sense... why would drag racing a focus make less sense that circuit racing...

each their owns when it comes down to it. we werent comparing focus to other cars, we were asking who had the fastest track car... (1/4 mile racing is done on a track last time I checked)

I care about 1/4 mile time as much as I care about circuit racing.

circuit always involves some straight after all.

:P
quickest in what setup?
the CFM vortech car is probably the fastest SC'ed focus out ther for now... not really a "street" car though.

Tom's car that is in the 10s is also not his "daily driver" by any stretch of the word. full interior, i believe but i don't even think he drives it to the track most of the time.

fastest Stock long block focus belongs to a guy in TX names Aaron Royston, we help sponsor his car and he has seen high 12s and low 13s on a regular basis.
there are some pretty quick cars in the southeast states, many in the mid/low 12s with motor work.

on the west coast, i have not heard a lot of noise about the quickest focus for a while other than the guy out of Vegas who was the first to back up a 10sec pass but again, not much of a street car... still not a drag only car either.

we have a couple focus' in the 13s out west but they don't post on any forums, old mustang guys. we are helping with the build-up of a 400+fwhp show focus right now, goes onto the dyno fairly soon i believe.

we should also have 2 PowerWorks cars deep into the 13s once the season fires up again next spring.
Pages: 1 2