FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So.........where Is The Fire?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:lol:

Deputy fire chief faces street racing charge

09:58 AM
Jesse McLean
Staff reporter

One of Toronto's highest ranking fire officials has been charged with stunt driving after police clocked him driving 150 km/h on Hwy. 401 in a department vehicle.

Ontario Provincial Police pulled over Deputy Fire Chief Daryl Fuglerud around 9:30 a.m. Friday, just west of Port Hope.

A helicopter patrolling the stretch of highway spotted a red Toyota Highlander travelling 50 kilometres over the speed limit, police said.

The Highlander, which belongs to Toronto Fire Services, has been impounded for seven days and the suspect's licence has been suspended for a week.

Fuglerud is the department's deputy chief of staff services, administration and communications, and oversees everything from recruitment to payroll, a fire department official said.

He is currently on a booked vacation and could not be reached for comment. He is scheduled to appear in court in Cobourg on Aug. 5.

http://www.thestar.com/article/658755
Between this one and the "Minivan Mom" who got whacked for "stunt driving" earlier this week, I think these "street racing laws" are going to be getting a swift kick in the cojones :D

NefCanuck
fawkin street racers. :angry:
the great thing is that they're not catching just street racers, but your everyday idiots too.

its great!
darkpuppet,Jun 30 2009, 01:40 PM Wrote:the great thing is that they're not catching just street racers, but your everyday idiots too.

its great!
[right][snapback]290409[/snapback][/right]

I agree for now too.

Knock on wood.

Perhaps "only" idiots based on the fact that: ricers, soccer mum's in minivans and people who think they are above the law and all going too fast are getting pulled over? Ricers, Minivans and SUV's can but shouldn't be doing 150 km/h.

Yet those who really spend a long time time on real roads, real fast, in a proper vehicle seem to get away with it and more. I spent most of last weekend dancing either side of 150 mostly on secondary roads, covered 2000km in two countries but think the trick is to just slow down in cities/towns and villages.

Nobody can tell me either of my cars aren't safe at 150 km/hr on the 401 if EVERYONE else is doing 140 like they usually are. My suspision is that there is a back story to the fireman thing as in a construction zone or traffic being slowed for another reason and/or he was "weaving" or otherwise "drawing attention to himself".

Alternate Theory:

I know enough: cops, firemen and politicians to know the "speed racing" with suspension could very easilly be a cover up for something more serious and something I have no time whatsoever for. My suspicious mind can't help think DUI.
finaly somebody higher up got caught