FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Ever Heard Of One Of These.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I watched a showe on this car last night (daily planet)

It's called the "Carver"

It's half motorcucle, half car.

Full rolcage and impossible to roll.

Carving Up the Road
http://www.carver.nl - info@carver.nl

Photo Courtesy of Vandenbrink b.v.

If you look at most extreme sports, you will find one thing in common with all of them. They require some sort of balance and tilting, and they are all exhilarating. Obviously, there is a correlation between the two. That was the concept for the design premise behind the Carver, which is a new concept car for the future. With a 2-man inline design and sporty lines and features, the Carver will turn driving into a sport like never before.

The Carver is contrived out of a concept car-motorcycle. It is a car in its design and looks: a sleek and stylish car of the future. It is smaller and lighter than a traditional car, and sportier too. However, the thing that makes it radically different is the motorcycle derived design components. If you watch motorcycles at a racetrack, you will see that they lean in turns. That is a result of having to take the turns at high speeds. The Carver, with its motorcycle heritage, also has the ability to rip its way through high-speed turns.

The Carver features a radical new steering system that allows it to tilt to the side. Steer it like a car and the Carver will bank like a motorcycle. It turns the Carver into a true sports car: a car that is capable of doing incredible turns while creating a giddy feeling (hopefully) of excitement. With a top speed of 190 km/h and a 0-100 km acceleration of 8.2 seconds, the Carver may not have the power of a regular sports car, but sure seems to be capable of providing the thrill. Plus, it can tilt to an angle of 45 degrees. How many cars can say that? Not many.

They'll retail for about 50k.

[Image: carver_home.jpg]
MOVIE
[Image: 05a.jpg]
[Image: DETAIL-20.jpg]

Check em' out:

official webpage
ANTHONYD,Oct 26 2005, 09:03 AM Wrote:Full rolcage and impossible to roll.
[right][snapback]151622[/snapback][/right]

I've seen these, they look cool but this statement I find is BS, nothing is impossible to roll.

Even if the center of gravity is really low, it can still be flipped one way or another.

Edit: Why would you need a rollcage when the sucker is "impossible to roll"?
Oscar The Grouch,Oct 26 2005, 09:15 AM Wrote:

I've seen these, they look cool but this statement I find is BS, nothing is impossible to roll.

Even if the center of gravity is really low, it can still be flipped one way or another.

[right][snapback]151624[/snapback][/right]

I'm just quoting the owner fo the company.

Take him up on it. :rolleyes:
ANTHONYD,Oct 26 2005, 09:16 AM Wrote:I'm just quoting the owner fo the company.

[right][snapback]151625[/snapback][/right]

Remind me to bitch at him about his crappy spelling. :lol:
Oscar The Grouch,Oct 26 2005, 09:15 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]151624[/snapback][/right]

Side impacts you dummy :lol:
Oscar The Grouch,Oct 26 2005, 09:17 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Oct 26 2005, 09:16 AM Wrote:I'm just quoting the owner fo the company.

[right][snapback]151625[/snapback][/right]

Remind me to bitch at him about his crappy spelling. :lol:
[right][snapback]151627[/snapback][/right]

Bitch at me for the spelling. I'm typing while eating a BLT.
i saw something on discovery (daily planet) but didn't watch... the hosts of that show "bother" me
that thing is cool but i'd rather have this

[Image: 2.jpg]

Campagna T-Rex
^^^nah,

Ja rule owns one of those....I refuse to be seen in something that guy owns. :lol:
T-Rex > Carver. Moot point... who wants a 50K car that's marginally faster than a ZX3? Better yet, who wants a 50K car that's SLOWER than a SVT Focus before mods?

That's what I thought. Focuses are slow, but they handle nice and are easy on gas. Why spend 3 times what you'd spend on a Focus to go as slow as one and corner a tad better?

I'll take my T-Rex in OMGWTFBBQ!!!1! Orange, please.
There is a T-rex dealer in Smithsfalls.
they are made in Montreal...so i'm not surprised there are dealers all over ontario and quebec

T-rex's are ~40g CAD .....accelerates as fast as a C6 Z06 vette for half the price....noto bad...

First time a saw a T-Rex was in Miami when i was in port for my cruise 3.5 years ago.... it was fully plated ...i was like ...yo WTF is that! it was parked and the owner was washing it...we chatted for a sec....i took a pic and was on my way ...sick trike