FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cone Filters, Which One Will Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any cone filters that will work or fit on a '04 zx3 stock intake hose? it's a 3inch Diameter I beleive. This probably has already been answered, but couldn't find anything.
2004ZX3,Oct 25 2005, 11:11 PM Wrote:Are there any cone filters that will work or fit on a '04 zx3 stock intake hose?  it's a 3inch Diameter I beleive.  This probably has already been answered, but couldn't find anything.
[right][snapback]151549[/snapback][/right]

K+N parts number RE-0930 - 3" cone, nice and fat. Hit my blog for a pic, surf down below the blog entries.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/loganteamx
Thanks NOS, will it take some talent to get on or will it just slide on?
I suggest a worm-gear hose clamp that fits nicely around the filter. I take it you're bolting the filter to the stock MAF. It's a bit of a bitch, but it'll go on with a "screw-on" type of method the easiest from what I've found. Don't be fooled by the grip of the filter at first, either. The heat from the engine will stretch the neck of the filter a tad over time... hence the need for the hose clamp.

You should be able to see the clamp easily enough in my pictures :)
I will give it a try. thanks!