FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So Anyone Got ......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
rust or is it just me ? on the back of my hatch where the window meets the body i have 1 big bubble forming and 1 little one on each side of my wiper. fords warranty only covers it if it rusts a hole through the body and not just bubbles? any ideas as to what i can do, cuz this pisses me off..im at 90k but i never had rust this early on a vehicle before especially in such a weird place..... or if im screwed does anyone know where i can go to fix it for a reasonable price??i was quoted at $400, and frankly i dont have that to spend.
Tonnes of rust. On the roof, drivers side door sill, etc.

Going in for repair, treatment, and paint next week.
i got rust on the under part of the car... a small rust spot on the hood where a stone hit, and at the corners of the doors, very small pieces that im just going to paint over, other than that, it looks good. That plastic bumper doesn't rust very well. not bad for 135000km i would say
when I got my car I that optional anit-rust module, and I can say it's working fine. I have 118 thousand on'er and no rust yet. I actually have a crack in my paint about 6-7" along the nose of my hood...bout 1" off the grille. It's totally exposed and no rust? Maybe the module works?Meh
Someone backed into my driver side door a few years ago and now there is a rust patch along the bottom edge of the door (probably due to a crappy repair job by the body shop.) The other door is still pristine. The car has been rust checked since 2000 and there are no other rust spots.
pass a screwdriver through the rust and hope it rust on top faster than you get to 120 000km

that way its through and they will fix it. My dad always help the rust go through and it seem to help them repair it under warranty.

you not scamming, your HELPING it... :lol:

( me 2002 and ~ 40 000km and not even a spot of rust under that car yet! All because it does help to not drive on snowy or wet day in winter. )
i have some stone chips on the hood, but no rust yet. also got some stone chips on the side doors (i know, very weird place to have stone chips) no rust either. when i first got my car i brought it to a place that does rust proofing and such... they told me if i ever have rust i can bring it in and they will take care of it for me, guess it's better than going through ford for this type of situation.
No rust yet, I HAD some, but insisted they repair it.
dont have any surface rust. It helps if you go to car wash once a week in winter times. Got over 100K on mine as well.
mo_focus,Oct 26 2005, 08:44 AM Wrote:dont have any surface rust. It helps if you go to car wash once a week in winter times. Got over 100K on mine as well.
[right][snapback]151616[/snapback][/right]

Difinately!

Anyone who knows me, knows dirt doesn't stand a chance on my car in the winter. :lol:
I got tinny spots apearing round the ford oval on the trunk, and drain holes in the trunk..... it's just surface rust, I was going to fix it myself earlier this year but I ran out of spray paint...... ahh well.... just have to wait till spring.
Symbiotix (PAT) had the paint peeling, starting to rust under his rear window... Took it to Evans Ford bodyshop in Etobicoke, they fixed it all up for him. They managed to put it through even though it would have probaly not normally go through, give them a call or see what they can do..
I have a tiny bit of bubbling under the rear trunk lid plynth (sp?), Rich (GapBoyPCS) pointed it out at the first BBQ when we were discussing the finer points of modding the sedans.

I have yet to fix it because it hasn't progressed any further, and I want to repaint the car next year if we're keeping it for the long haul.
I asked ford to fix mine under warranty (in the car's 3rd & 1/2 year) and they said only perforations could be repaired free... so Marc's suggestion is the best advice. Make a hole and hope the rust makes it look less tampered with
Raine,Oct 26 2005, 06:48 PM Wrote:I asked ford to fix mine under warranty (in the car's 3rd & 1/2 year) and they said only perforations could be repaired free... so Marc's suggestion is the best advice. Make a hole and hope the rust makes it look less tampered with
[right][snapback]151801[/snapback][/right]
or just take it to the guy @ evans ford, he fixed my trunk, and even Pat's trunk and did all the necessary paper work too so it would be claimed through warranty, heck he even painted my SVT bumper for cash too.