FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Identity Theft Shield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
bluetoy,Oct 26 2005, 08:52 PM Wrote:You know there is no ID theft protection offered. Right? It's just some lawyers getting their foot in your door (and hand in your wallet) before you even need them.
[right][snapback]151835[/snapback][/right]

I know there's no real identity theft protection, but people have indicated an interest in such service in the past... so I thought what the hey, put it out there and let people decide.

The funny thing is this... I tried real hard to find negative reviews of the actual services offered, and I couldn't. I found past history with their legal battles, SEC restatements, and concerns members have about unenrolling, but nothing against the actual service they sell.. it is like having a lawyer on retainer.. only you don't pay $300 for the privelege... however you DO have to pay for their time past the initial paperwork.

I don't endorse the service per se, because it's not for me.

I appreciate that you've actually read into it, and to an extent I agree with you, but you never know... like I said, throw it out there and see what people think.

obviously some folks don't think too much of it.
Its ok darkpuppet... thats what this site needs .. some risks... Obviously not all will be good ones... But kudos goes out to you for doing something behind the scenes.

*thumbsup*

Edit.. Bluetoy you crack me up man ... h o l y s h i t.
ANTHONYD,Oct 26 2005, 12:43 PM Wrote:Another good member lost.

:rolleyes:
[right][snapback]151682[/snapback][/right]

Hey.... and i didnt cause it this time!!!!

bluetoy,Oct 26 2005, 08:52 PM Wrote:This post is different from other forsale posts. IT'S NOT IN THE FORSALE SECTION  Just to set the record straight. I try to bash Rogers every time there is a Rogers F.S. thread. Those guys can take it and must be used to it if they work for Rogers.  But don't say anything wrong about brooks' "steeda.ca rules or buy my questionable legal nonsense" threads.

[right][snapback]151835[/snapback][/right]

Hey STFU!
FORD SUCKS

ROGERS 4 LYFE

:blink: :lol: :unsure:

02ztsian

The best defense to identity theft is to be pro-active as opposed to re-active.
1. Buy a shredder. Any personal information found in your garbage can be used to "steal" your identity.
2. NEVER let your credit card out of your site! How many times do we blindly hand over our credit card to a waiter(ess) and have them disappear to the back? And whenever someone gives you your card back, check to ensure they are giving yours back, not a stolen card issued by the same bank (looks the same till your next purchase when you find it's someone elses stolen card).
3. Every credit check counts against your credit rating, whether it's a pre-approval for a mortgage or co-signing a loan or a credit check.
4. Keep your birth certificate in a safe at home. (I should talk it's in my wallet!). Memorize your SIN and keep it in a safe as well. Just think what someone with both of these pieces of ID could do. Be aware of who can ask for your SIN:
http://www.privcom.gc.ca/fs-fi/02_05_d_02_e.asp
5. Listen to your Spider-sense. Learn to listen to your gut instinct. Be aware!
scoobasteve,Oct 27 2005, 10:46 AM Wrote:Hey STFU!
FORD SUCKS

ROGERS 4 LYFE

:blink:  :lol:  :unsure:
[right][snapback]151956[/snapback][/right]

RogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogers SucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogers SucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogers SucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogers SucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogers SucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogers SucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogers SucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogers SucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogers SucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogers SucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucksRogersSucks

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ow, My Dignity!
Rogers does suck though.
But bell also sucks equally.
Everything sucks, espically you guys :lol:
I think this has run it's course.
Pages: 1 2