FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Any Music Gurus In Here? Updated!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Watch this video....

http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/280.html

What type of music is that. Ie, what genre of music do I have to look up to find more of it. Its like inspirational movie type music ... But I know thats not a proper music catagory.
sounds like computer generated..... but composed, hard to say really.

I have to say though that video was really lame, but yeah the music was ok.
that video is awsome..i dont think its lame at all.

Sounds like those random songs they make for movies. To show suspens or action. Like soundtrack music. My best guess
haha, what i weirdo, that was hilarious! hahah.
Instrumental?
classical?
Progressive classical?
Modern classical?
Modern Instrumental?

i dunno, but i think im making stuff up
Frost ... ya I cant tell if its computer generated either....

Any other help is greatly appreciated...
tdot-zx3,Oct 25 2005, 05: Wrote:Frost ... ya I cant tell if its computer generated either....

Any other help is greatly appreciated...
[right][snapback]151472[/snapback][/right]

to me it sounds like quite a few classical movie tones put together as one.... digitally that is.... heck there are soo many programs out there where you have anything you want to make your own songs..... :huh:
that is definatly an orchastra playing. don't know how peice though.
Sounds 100% synthesized to me ... you can really tell with the "strings" - too perfect, no warmth.

I recently did a launch event and we composed and recorded music specifically for a series of videos ... and because it was being shown in a really big venue with a massive sound system, we didn't want it to sound blatantly synthetic, but we couldn't afford a full orchestra. So we added live guitar and percussion to the otherwise synthesized piece and it made a world of difference. I didn't sense that in this piece, although it did seem well produced.
sounds like a mix but contains parts of the terminator intro music
not synthesized, just very well produced.
FocusGuy7476,Oct 25 2005, 08:31 PM Wrote:not synthesized, just very well produced.
[right][snapback]151530[/snapback][/right]

Both, sounds like something by Phillip Glass to me. It is an overture of some sort.

We used to have a library of short tracks like that. It was for the post production at the TV studio. Cds full of 15sec to 1min 'pieces'. You'd use it on news bits, openers, credits or background noise.
I'm guessing your trying to search for bits and need a better descripter!
Jeremy: that sounds exactly what im looking for!

2001: Phillip Glass.. I will look into him further.. thanks.

ZTW: ive seen that done before as well.. I thought it was a odd thing but I guess more people do it then I thought.

Anything else people can help me with when it comes to finding music like this is greatly appreciated. Its very tought to find music to make any type of video to when im editing.

I hate using songs that people recognize because people go with the song rather then the video.
Right before I hit the sack now .. I found another example going through videos tonight searching for something...

Similar yet different.. sorta broadening the music question a bit, but allowing for hopefully someone to be able to pinpoint me to a genre.

If you have bandwith to use (12 megs) .. and want to hear another example of a different style im looking for, download this (its fun to watch as well):

http://streetstunts.co.uk/3run/a_brothers_journey.wmv

The song really makes this video I think. Thats the kind of music im looking for.
Bump .. hahaha ..

Just bumping this to solve the little dilema I had... Someone knew what it was and directed me in the right path.

That song from the ninja video IS an actual orchestra! Not synth'd at all. Its from the soundtrack to the movie "Last of the Mohicans" by a group called "Clannad".

I checked out some of their other stuff.. very cool. They did braveheart stuff as well, which is pretty notable.
tdot-zx3,Nov 7 2005, 08: Wrote:Bump .. hahaha ..

Just bumping this to solve the little dilema I had... Someone knew what it was and directed me in the right path.

That song from the ninja video IS an actual orchestra! Not synth'd at all. Its from the soundtrack to the movie "Last of the Mohicans" by a group called "Clannad".

I checked out some of their other stuff.. very cool. They did braveheart stuff as well, which is pretty notable.
[right][snapback]154317[/snapback][/right]

OH THANK GOD!

I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO SLEEP SINCE OCTOBER 25TH BECAUSE THIS!
Stingers and Tags, that was the names I was trying to remember.
Do a search on it and you'll find tons of royalty-free cds. Lots to choose from and varying quality...
I was going to say Clannad or Jean Michel Jarre. My wife has this music on cd.
tdot-zx3,Nov 7 2005, 09: Wrote:Bump .. hahaha ..

[right][snapback]154317[/snapback][/right]
Awesome piece ... it's called "I Will Find You" and it appears on three of their albums -- "Banba" "Themes" and "Ultimate Collection" and I would imagine also the movie soundtrack. The lyrics also include Mohican and Cherokee! BTW ... Clannad means "family" in Gaelic.

You should also check out the soundtracks for Shawshank Redemption and Matrix for similar powerful tracks.
Yep have that piece ZTW ... also downloaded 1 of their albums... haha. I have the shawshank redemption album as well but not matrix yet ... Last Samurai, The Rock, Cinderella Man, Black Hawk Down, (ive been going movie theme hunting crazy lately)... As well as downloading everything I can find when it comes to Oscar lists for best musical scores/directors.... (zimmer, elfman, newman... etcetcetc...)

2001zts... hahaha... =P
Pages: 1 2