FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Random Question From Frost Again...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone hook up a euro dash clock before without the plug for it?
no but it should be very easy, just use the cigaret lighter for your car and splice the wires. The cigarete lighter has constant 12V feed to it.
nope
yeah I was thinking to splice it into that but I ment, I don't have the cable for it leading from the clock......... the um female end of it?

I should post a pic............
and Kev if you post that this thread is worthless without a pic I'll have to out whore you yet again ........ :lol:
It may be tough without the wiring harness.. that means you'll have to connect the wire directly to the contact.. now that may be as simple as using a female spade connector or it could be tough depending on how the clock is.

Would be easier to figure out if you had a picture of the back of the clock ;)
guilty,Oct 25 2005, 05:45 PM Wrote:Would be easier to figure out if you had a picture of the back of the clock ;)
[right][snapback]151481[/snapback][/right]
That's almost as good as a smilie. :lol:
thanks guys, I'll take one when I get home today.
Didn't have time to re-size them sorry........

[Image: 000_0185.jpg]
[Image: 000_0186.jpg]
[Image: 000_0187.jpg]
go to the junkyard and see if a Mystique/Contour clock has the same plug... It looks close,

if not maybe a sable?
i just looked through my wiring pigtail book for 3 wire leads and didn't see one that would fit... doesn't mean that they don't make one its just not listed
in my book
hmm thanks Rich...

if I have to I'll have to bug some people I now know in the UK, and germany for the parts and see if they can get me it.
Frost__2001,Oct 26 2005, 05:41 PM Wrote:hmm thanks Rich...

if I have to I'll have to bug some people I now know in the UK, and germany for the parts and see if they can get me it.
[right][snapback]151767[/snapback][/right]

Frost, It looks very simple, I may be able to find a suitable connector, or even construct one for you. At the very worst, I can even retrofit a different connector if need be onto there. Give me a shout when ur not busy and i'll see what I can do.
paolo,Oct 26 2005, 06:24 PM Wrote:Frost,  It looks very simple, I may be able to find a suitable connector, or even construct one for you.  At the very worst, I can even retrofit a different connector if need be onto there. Give me a shout when ur not busy and i'll see what I can do.
[right][snapback]151790[/snapback][/right]

Really Paolo? that would be wicked of you to do that. Question though how much do you think it would cost to build one?.
Frost__2001,Oct 27 2005, 10:06 AM Wrote:Really Paolo? that would be wicked of you to do that. Question though how much do you think it would cost to build one?.
[right][snapback]151944[/snapback][/right]

Contrary to what everyone thinks, electronic components are relatively inexpensive, its big companies such as ford which mark up the prices so high. shouldnt cost too much.
ok, cool cool.... did you need the clock to look at it ?
Frost__2001,Oct 28 2005, 02:21 PM Wrote:ok, cool cool.... did you need the clock to look at it ?
[right][snapback]152249[/snapback][/right]

sure we can meet up maybe tuesday evening or something at a nearby timmiez?
sure, Pm me, and we'll set something up
you guys hook it up yet???
lmao no not yet. I'm still waiting on the bezel to arrive from germany before I can put it in le-git.