FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Computer Help Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to install the program for my Alpine car HDD on my computer and it seems to install fine, but then when I click the icon to start the program I get the error "Application Control Create failed. Program execution will stop." Now I tried installing it on my roommates laptop and it works fine. Any help as to how to get around this error would be appreciated.
skifreak69,Oct 23 2005, 07:07 PM Wrote:I'm trying to install the program for my Alpine car HDD on my computer and it seems to install fine, but then when I click the icon to start the program I get the error "Application Control Create failed. Program execution will stop."  Now I tried installing it on my roommates laptop and it works fine.  Any help as to how to get around this error would be appreciated.
[right][snapback]151015[/snapback][/right]

Okay I'm gonna need some more info:

What OS are you and the roommate using on your machines? That's the starting point (any other differences like video etc. shouldn't affect program execution but...)

NefCanuck
We're both running windows XP
Could try uninstalling it and reinstalling the program.. Do you have all the windows updates and service packs installed on your system?
skifreak69,Oct 24 2005, 12:26 AM Wrote:We're both running windows XP
[right][snapback]151059[/snapback][/right]

Pro or Home? (Both versions have their quirks, despite being the same codebase, Home is kneecapped in ways that make no sense <_< )

NefCanuck
check the alpine document for minimum requirements. Do you have all the software outlined on the box?
Sounds like an install error (most likely not compatability)... so try as quilty said, uninstall and reinstall. Rebooting properly after the uninstall and reinstall.
s**t. you guys sound like rogers help desk. "Uninstall, Restart, Re-intsall" :ph34r: :P
Or it could just be crappy coding???

Stuff like that means they didn't double and triple-check their code before / after they made it into a package.
A file that big?
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.

You seek a Web site.
It cannot be located.
Countless more exist.

Chaos reigns within.
Stop, reflect, and reboot.
Order shall return.

ABORTED effort:
Close all that you have worked on.
You ask way too much.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it is not working.
Windows is like that.

First snow, then silence.
This thousand dollar screen dies
So beautifully.

With searching comes loss.
The presence of absence.
"June Sales.doc" not found.

Windows NT crashed.
The Blue Screen of Death.
No one hears your screams.

Stay the patient course.
Of little worth is your ire.
The network is down.

Three things are certain:
Death, taxes, and lost data.
Guess which has occurred.

You step in the stream
But the water has moved on.
Page not found.

Out of memory.
We wish to hold the whole sky.
But we never will.

Having been erased,
The document you are seeking
Must now be retyped.

Serious error.
All shortcuts have disappeared.
Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Flofocus,Oct 24 2005, 08:19 PM Wrote:s**t. you guys sound like rogers help desk. "Uninstall, Restart, Re-intsall" :ph34r:  :P
[right][snapback]151227[/snapback][/right]

Yeah That's Rogers Help Desk alright :rofl:

NefCanuck
2001 ZTS,Oct 24 2005, 09:05 PM Wrote:Chaos reigns within.
Stop, reflect, and reboot.
Order shall return.
[right][snapback]151231[/snapback][/right]

That's pretty deep man. :rolleyes:
NefCanuck,Oct 24 2005, 10:45 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Oct 24 2005, 08:19 PM Wrote:s**t. you guys sound like rogers help desk. "Uninstall, Restart, Re-intsall" :ph34r:  :P
[right][snapback]151227[/snapback][/right]

Yeah That's Rogers Help Desk alright :rofl:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]151247[/snapback][/right]

Rip the computer apart, clean everything, re-assemble, reformat hard drive, shut down, unplug, wait 15 min for ram to clear, plug in, start, re-install windows, take a crap, updates and patches, grab a beer, re-install alpine program, test transfer.

If this works, pat yourself on the back. If this doesn't work, steal your friends' computer. :lol: