FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Planning A Trip To Europe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, hows it hangin?

My dad and I have been talking lately about a trip to Europe next summer which sprung out from our convo about going to the world cup. The next session of ticket sales for the world cup begins in December so I have to wait till then to see what I can get, I am hoping for Finals tickets, even though they are 600 euros.

Anyways, my dad brought up the idea of taking 10-14 days before our match tickets to travel to Italy and France. Now what I was hoping for was starting out in Southern Italy and working our way north. I was thinking about 2-3 days in Rome, sometime in Venice, a day spent travelling to my fathers hometown in northern italy, Rocacasale if any was interested in knowing the city. Then I thought about moving on over to France where my father was raised. Maybe sometime in Marsielle, Nice (and while in Nice checking out Monaco) then I was thinking about going to Paris for 3ish days, spend a day going to the normandy beaches, then going to Berlin for the world cup spending 3 days there.

What do you guys think about this plan? Its just a brainstorming plan, nothing is set in stone, well actually the part about seeing my fathers hometown is, I know how much it means to him and that will be included no matter what. But besides that what do you think about my city choices? I want to keep it around 14 days, and I know we cant see everything. What do you guys recommend seeing besides what I have posted? Remember its my father and I so try and base it around things we could both enjoy lol

I just want to get some ideas and potential places to visit being talked about because money isn't a huge issue but time is. My father owns his own business so he cant be away for longer than two weeks. But in all honesty, the only place we are limited to including is Italy and Germany for his home country/town and the World Cup is in Germany. I am open to hearing everything, and I mean everything that could be included. I want to make it the best trip my father has ever had (hes been everywhere so I want to make this fresh and exciting) and my father and I have been sort of drifting over the past two years so I was hoping this could bring us together.

So I come here in dire need of advice from you guys who seem to know it all, help me plan an awesome trip!
If you go to Juno Beach in Normandy, France, could you take some pics and post them on here?
Italy is EXXXXXXXXXPENSIVE!

You should put Austria on your list it is by far one of the most beutiful places in the world.
crazikev,Oct 23 2005, 02:08 AM Wrote:If you go to Juno Beach in Normandy, France, could you take some pics and post them on here?
[right][snapback]150943[/snapback][/right]

For sure, I am going to visit all the beaches (well I will try)
I did a European Vacation (17 Cities in 3.5 weeks) a few years back and these are the things I remember the most. I may mix up the city with the attraction.

London, England --> Big Ben
--> Buckingham Palace
--> Tower of London
--> Westminster Abbey

Paris, France --> Le Louvre, Arc de Triomphe

Monaco --> Beautiful City but very expensive and incredible cars here

Rome, Italy --> St. Peters Basilica (Where the Pope Lives)
--> Sisteenth Chapel (painted by Michaelangelo)
--> Colloseum

Pisa, Italy --> Leaning Tower of Pisa

Florence, Italy --> Michaelangelo's Statue of David

Maranello, Italy --> Ferrari plant and Museum

Venice, Italy --> visit the canales and the Piazza di San Marco

Switzerland --> Nice place good chocolate

Germany --> Went to the German F1 Grand Prix in Hockenheim

Overall an amazing trip, with way tooo much to see. Depends on what you would like to see the most.
Be sure to where something canadian. They Love Canadians.
lol Dont worry I will be proudly displaying our flag :) Last year I went to France on a tour through my school with some friends of mine so I have seen everything "important" in small bits, so I wanted to go back to take my time and go through everything, and go see what I missed. I'd rather take that time and go to another country but my dad was raised all over France so I cant exactly say no lol....

And this year in March I will be going to England and Scotland with some buddies so we will be seeing everything there is to see.

I just dont really know whats worth visiting outside of France since its the only place I have been, I was hoping there would be more people who have travelled over there to give trip advice, but theres only been a few :(