FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Silblade Windsheild Wipers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, the wiper blades on my Focus are streaking like people at a nude beach and before winter comes I wanna deal with it (Pretty sure they're the original ones when the car rolled off the assembly line in Sept '04). Ran across these wiper blades on the net and wondered if anyone had tried them before:

Silblade homepage

They have either the original Silblade or the "ultra" Silblade. $25 USD each though...

Or if these aren't a good idea can anyone recommend good blades?

NefCanuck
I've only used PIAA silicon wipers on my car, they work pretty good. Pretty much same deal as the silblade stuff but available at Performance Improvements or other "performance" shops.

I like them in all seasons but winter, where the reflex blades seem to work best for me....

Not sure if this link will work: Link
Had them on my Cavy for 3 years they were great. One pair my mom had on here car got damaged 2 years in sent them to SILblade and they replaced them no questions asked. Great company and a good product.

David
I have them on my svt for 2 years and I love em, nothing get past them, total wipe witout any annoying squeeling.

and they do not freeze in winter, its warranty not to stick to the ice on your window, and great warranty.

I definitly recommend them.
I have one on my Rear wiper for my Pro5. Its great. WAY better than anything from Crappy tire or the St(d)ealership.

I'll have to see how they do during the winter, i've only had them for a few months.

If they hold up great during the winter, i'll get them for the windsheild as well.
For those of you that have used Silblades, where did you get them? A 'net search doesn't turn up any Canadian sites/shops that have 'em. Were they a special order item?

Went to Crappy Tire, Ford should be shot for producing a blade with an odd inch measurement <_< Only 19"s the store had I went to were the low end models that I seriously doubt could last the winter :angry:

NefCanuck
got mine from autosportclub in london ontario

was roughly 40$ with tax on the car for the front only, but im thinking about getting the rear also.
I got my blades from these guys as well.

http://www.lockdownsecurity.ca

about $25 for the 13" rear blade.

Okay now that I have a local source for Silblades (thanks to Evil Homer P5 for the link) comes my next question:

Given that you can get the wiper itself in several colours, I'm looking at two options.

Option #1 is to get blades the colour that is closest match to the car (Red Chrome)

Option #2 is to get blades in the Silver Chrome colour, in effect matching the wheels (and exhaust tip) and upping the bling factor.

What do y'all think?

NefCanuck
Call me silly but how about black :P
hardk0re,Oct 25 2005, 09:01 PM Wrote:Call me silly but how about black :P
[right][snapback]151527[/snapback][/right]

I suppose that is a legitamite choice too :lol: but since I know my Focus won't ever be undergoing any radical performance enhancing surgery I'm looking at a bit of the styling thing :P

NefCanuck
I've got a set on both my Focus and my Subie. Great blades. The Focus got the Black ones and the Subie got the C/F with blue blade. Looks very nice. It's subtle with just a hint of bling. B)