FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My New Ride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 102205_130548.jpg]

w00t
fawkin right .. nice bike

what year? cc?
Kawasaki Ninja 500

Glad you got it!

As I told you in PM two of my friends had them, great bikes and perfect for your time and place. Be safe; always assume the other guy either doesn't see you or wants to kill you. YOU MUST BE ON THE DEFENSIVE AT ALL TIMES!

People who ride bikes make better car drivers BTW and you are now one of them; you will become super aware of air temperature vs surface temperature, sun position, leaves, lane position, sewer grates and so much more.

(EDIT: What year or "kit" is that?, I see a rear disc.)
nice bike... so when the winter tires go on it?
2001 ZTS,Oct 23 2005, 12:40 AM Wrote:Kawasaki Ninja 500

(EDIT: What year or "kit" is that?, I see a rear disc.)
[right][snapback]150910[/snapback][/right]

thanks guys! it is a '03 (EX500-D10) i has 878miles on the odo (i got it for 3k usd from the orig owner) it is 100% stock.

the reality of how far i am from draggin my knees has set in.. lol ! but i will get that novice competition license one day!

it was either get a b16/lsd trans swapped into my integra or get a bike.. i guess only time will tell whether that was a good play, but i'm pretty happy with it so far!

DP.. no winter tires yet, but i am def planning on riding it around the block (with proper winter gear, different viscosity oil and appropriate antifreeze/coolant mix of course) when there is no snow/ice on the road as opposed to storing it for the winter (2001 ZTS, any opinions on this approach?)
its a beute, but the camera phone doesnt give it justice
naz,Oct 23 2005, 10:46 AM Wrote:DP.. no winter tires yet, but i am def planning on riding it around the block (with proper winter gear, different viscosity oil and appropriate antifreeze/coolant mix  of course) when there is no snow/ice on the road as opposed to storing it for the winter (2001 ZTS, any opinions on this approach?)
[right][snapback]150960[/snapback][/right]

That's how I did it, kept it moving every couple weeks rather than "winterizing".
Uber jealous. Good buy Naz
here are some pics from when the prev owner was trying to sell it.. been too busy riding to take pics

[Image: ex500_7.jpg]
[Image: ex500.jpg]
[Image: ex500_3.jpg]

i did the 30mi commute into the office today (sunday, so light traffic).. way too much fun.. but 40min of being pummeled by the wind is a lot more tiring than i thought it would be.. lol..

Nice... Congrats!

how was that GTI there in the background? :)