FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: One More Problem Added To The List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.complaints.com/july2002/complai...y.july28.11.htm

sounds just like this. the throttle cable boke while in high speed traffic and the gas peddle went to the floor, but my cable is not broken yet. It has like 1 strand left on it. I don't want to even drive it. But i guess i have to take it to the mechanic. dammm what a week.

so far the breakdown is this:
- new gear shift( put original back on) B& M broke off. free
- New clutch, bc of the gearshift. $950 to repair.
- New compustar remote for gf's car, bc i accidently broke it off, 120.00
- need a new throttle cable, dont know how much it is,
- mechanic has changed the front stabilizer bars and bushings and rear bar bushings, Free bc it was all included in the clutch cost.
- Need left front ball joint. will have to replace tomorrow.

Dammm can't wait until this week is over. Its been nothing but disasters for me.

Ohh to top it all off. I'm getting sick as well.haha
whao, thats nuts man. Ive never heard of this throttle cable stuff, but that sound like bad news for anyone!!

Ive heard of bad things comming in 3's...but thats just shitty.
Sounds like the landrover when I took it in to get fixed right........ but it ended up costing way more then what you'll ever pay for the focus repairs........... ( $4200 in repairs parts and labour )
I brought the car in today to check what was broken since it drive like sh1t...

-1 master cylinder
-1 Pedal assembly
-1 AC compressor
-1 broken exhaust bracket
-1 broken wheel stud
-1 valve cover

...and they havent had time to finish the list yet... lol :lol:

38 759 kms 2002 svt bought new in 2003]

i love warrenty, I am trying to get the whole new clutch and flywheel tsb done too, the service guy had a svtf too and seem to be understanding.

B) they nicely cleaned the inside and out while the car was waiting to go into the garage bay. gotta love svt service.
[Image: 10592f.jpg]

Just do it.
mo_focus,Oct 21 2005, 12:47 PM Wrote:- New clutch, bc of the gearshift. $950 to repair.
[right][snapback]150719[/snapback][/right]

......and everyone laughed at me when I said no less than $700. :rolleyes:

Sorry for making fun of others at your expense (literally).