FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Got A Problem. Batt Light On
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all, i have a new problem. it just started this morning. what happened was that i was driving along and everything was running smoothly. all of a sudden the battery light just flickers on and off every 10-20 seconds. now it's always on and it won't go off. what i've tried is shutting the car down and starting up again, the battery light goes off as soon as i start the car, but literally 5 seconds later it comes back and stays on for the rest of the drive. nothing seems wrong with the drivabilty, no power loss what so ever. i don't know what's wrong. can someone please help me. i have a tune from hypnotic illusions but i've had this tune in for almost 3 weeks with no issues. i also have a CAI and a ported TB. please help.
dude man how many kms. its more than likely the alternator. i changed mine at 45 000 so take to a shop and load test
same thing happened to me.new alt and everything was fine.mine happen around the 30,000km.
i have approximatly 45k on it right now and it's a 2002 SVTF, i don't think that the alternator should go that quickly. my father's car is a 1999 honda cr-v and it has almost 200k on it and not a single problem related to the engine. just some exhuast rattling that's all. if it's the alternator, would it be wise to get an aftermarket one or just let ford fix it?
[quote=SLIP STREAM SVT,Oct 21 2005, 06:04 PM]
i have approximatly 45k on it right now and it's a 2002 SVTF, i don't think that the alternator should go that quickly. my father's car is a 1999 honda cr-v and it has almost 200k on it and not a single problem related to the engine. just some exhuast rattling that's all. if it's the alternator, would it be wise to get an aftermarket one or just let ford fix it?
Check your battery wires and bolts B)
alright i just got his problem fixed...its your alternator, i just got the car back today

edit: my car is a 2003
yea i brought it into the dealership on saturday. got an 05 focus as a rental.... not bad to tell you the truth just not as nice inside as my SVTF. anyways i'll keep you guys/gals updated when i get my car back.
alternators are easy to fix... i can do one in under 2 hrs now...

shop manual says 4 IIRC lol
ok got my car back, it wasn't the alternator. it was actually some wire connector coming off the alternator that broke. the service advisor said it probably happened because the engine torques to much even though i have a lower engine mount. but oh well, everything's fixed and i'm a happy camper now.