FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Doom The Movie.. Yay Or Nay?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A movie who's previews have slowly been improving as time goes on, but is this movie going to be any good?

Or is it going to be another videogame movie disaster?
I WANT BLOOD!!! I think this will be good for the cinema effects.

Hoping to go see it tonight if the mother*cough*ing cold dies down.
Dunno, Sara and I and a few friends are going to see the late show tonight. Our consensus has been that the previews are getting better, but the graphics have looked good no matter what.

Doom 3 freaked her out, she refused to play it. :D

Yes, you're coming Oscar. :D I just called Shane, he's coming. He's going to walk the whole 3 blocks to our place :D
Meh, ill probly see it when it some out on DVD, that way i get it for free...

i dont really want to pay for that movie.
what is this "pay"* for a movie you speak of?

* rent and/or theatre

Escpecially one
a) based on a video game
b) starring The Rock
^^--- the rock makes ok movies.. the rundown, the scorpion king, standing tall were pretty good.
darkpuppet,Oct 21 2005, 04:57 PM Wrote:^^--- the rock makes ok movies.. the rundown, the scorpion king, standing tall were pretty good.
[right][snapback]150745[/snapback][/right]

The Scorpion King was pure crap............. :rolleyes:

Personally I really can't stand Vin Diesel......... he can't act... and it's like he's got this chip on his shoulder like everone owes him something........... :rolleyes:
darkpuppet,Oct 21 2005, 04:57 PM Wrote:^^--- the rock makes ok movies.. the rundown, the scorpion king, standing tall were pretty good.
[right][snapback]150745[/snapback][/right]

Don't you mean Walking Tall?

As for the Scorpion King, that was pure crap. I hated all the hype he was getting for Mummy II. Wow he had 2 lines and a cgi head at the end! Whopdeedoo!

I kinda liked the Rundown, not for the acting but the violence. I'm always in for the violence!
I think the rock is a pretty alright actor, good for action.
Well i'll be sure to check that one out when it hits theatres! It's a sweet game, so the movie already has a great platform to work around for a storyline.
I'll go see it once it's at the 3Star. $3 matinees and $4.25 regular.
paper gave it 1/2 a star / 5 :lol: :lol: I don't think the Rock is up for an Oscars yet :lol: B)
Just got back from seeing it. 5 star on effects and violence. 2 star on plot. Overall, I think this is a rent/burn movie.
I give it 4 for violence (they dodged good stuff with an 18A rating? WTF?) and 3.5 for plot/story.

SPOILERS BELOW, TO AN EXTENT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

We know there's no mention of Hell in the movie, except as the ramblings of a madman. The imps don't shoot fireballs. There's only one Pinky demon, and that one you can see coming from the first 10 minutes. In reality, the worst part was the overly-long FPS-style camera work when the acting and the tension was actually carrying the movie quite nicely. It's neat for the first 30 seconds or so when you're like "Cool! Just like Doom 3!" And then it gets boring for the remainder of the time.

Overall, not sure if it merits landing in the "I bought it" collection, but it's worth seeing at least once more at home.
I liked it, I won't go into spoilers on wat I thought yet, just incase some poor soul reads this. But yeah, prolly will buy it just because.
It was good for a video game to big screen movie

I wouldn't recommend anyone spend thier money on it, wasn't really that great. Rock sucked in this movie big time. It needs to be done by someone with half a brain,decent actors,longer,more in depth with a better script and storyline.
I eat my words...i was bored and saw it. I thought it was ok, action was good, effects good also....plot meh.
FociPhil,Oct 22 2005, 11:21 PM Wrote:I eat my words...i was bored and saw it. I thought it was ok, action was good, effects good also....plot meh.
[right][snapback]150932[/snapback][/right]

"Doom" and "Plot" are two very loosely connected words.