FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fun With Scammers ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I’m looking for a track-only car (another post yet to come) and I came across this 2007 Focus SES for $3,200.

I thought at first it might be a typo (missing a “1” in front of the 3) but then I saw the photo and read the instructions not to use Autotrader email and then it screamed scammer.

So I thought I’d have a bit of fun with him ... I’ve copied the emails below and switched the order so it reads top down. Too bad I think he’s given up though.

emails to and from the scammer Wrote:From:
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:27 AM
To: kenny12671@hotmail.com [Kenny Stewart] (scammer)
Subject: 2007 Focus SES

Hi there - when could I see the car? Thanks and cheers - Kxx. xxx-xxx-xxxx

Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 3:27 PM
To:
Subject: Re: 2007 Focus SES
Hi,
Thank you for your interest in purchasing my car.First of all I must say you that the car has been well taken care of, always kept in the garage.Flawless exterior/interior condition,no scratches and no dents.It has never been involved in an accident.The engine starts and drives like new and the paint looks great.The final price that I want for the car is $3200.00
If you are really interested please send me email and let me know.
Thank you.

Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: Re: 2007 Focus SES

I'm interested but only if the car is in S. Ont. and I can come see it. Thanks and cheers. Ken.

Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 8:17 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Re: Re: 2007 Focus SES

Hi again,

I must inform you that currently I'm located in St. John's,Newfoundland and I have to let you know that the car is here with me.I sign a contract with eBay Company and they will make the transaction for me.

SHIPPING
You will receive the car by DAS Auto Transport Services at your home address. It is insured in case of damage and it will be delivered to your DOOR. I will send you the car with all the papers (title,bill of sale, etc.)The price will be $3200.00 including shipping and handling.The shipping will take maximum 5 days.

PAYMENT
The transaction will be made through eBay motors,they will insure our transaction.
This service allows us to complete this transaction in a manner that is quick and safe for both of us. It acts as a third part between seller and buyer. eBay Motors is responsible to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements, both parties must submit proof of payment/delivery presented in a legal form (payment/delivery receipt) by the registered payment/delivery service used.

RETURN POLICY
As soon as the car arrive to your address, you will test it and if it does not matches 100% to your expectations, you will return it in maximum 30 days since the arrival date. In this case eBay Company will send you the full amount back in 24 hours and you will send the car back to eBay and you don´t have to pay the return shipping.

If you want to start with this deal ,email me your full name,address and phone number for shipping and I will require those forms right now.As soon as I receive these information from you I will forward them to eBay Company along with the rest of the details in order for them to open a case regarding our deal and send you the invoice for payment and more details about the shipping.

I will wait your email.
Thank you.

Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2009 8:22 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2007 Focus SES

Okay this is fantastic (and an amazing coincidence) ... my brother lives in St. John's (Windsor Heights actually, but close enough) - - when could he come see the car?

I will transfer the funds right now and he will have the cash to pay for it on the spot.

Just a couple of quick questions before we do the deal ... I notice in the photo that the car has no front license plate bracket; is this car originally from the States?

Also: please provide the VIN so I can do a quick Carfax check - I'm sure there's no problems as the car is low mileage and looks good - but you can never be too careful, right? You sound like a thorough person so I know I'm not asking any questions that you yourself wouldn't ask.

Looking forward to your quick reply ... and looking forward to getting my new car! Thanks and cheers.

Ken.

So far nothing further from “Kenny” – he must be busy.
It's amazing just how 'obvious' scammers are....

like when I get an e-mail from the england lotto saying I won 19mil, and then 5 minutes later I win the south african lotto for 15mil.

I can't imaging how I got to be so lucky!

-- hopefully this guy will write back and dig himself a deeper hole.
ha funny how you say that. I did the exact same for 06 TDI that was selling for 6500$.

It was advertised in Toronto, but then i found out the car is in vancouver. when i told the lady that its great news bc i have a work trip booked for the next wednesday and i can bring cash and see the car, she never got back to me :)
someone else should email this guy and lets see what he says about the location this time :D
Hahaha, that's awesome.

You should check out http://www.419eater.com It's a guy from england who does what he can to scam the scammers. Fun read when you're bored!

-George
Speaking of scams heres one for ya.

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mk...&ADS=7807926%7C

My GF really wants this but I asked my buddy to swing by his house and check it out. The car is a total loss lol. Mashed in from all angles. Now maybe there is another one because we nevera talked to the guy but only seen the car in the yard lol
Scorcher000,Jun 29 2009, 10:13 AM Wrote:Speaking of scams heres one for ya.

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mk...&ADS=7807926%7C

My GF really wants this but I asked my buddy to swing by his house and check it out. The car is a total loss lol. Mashed in from all angles. Now maybe there is another one because we nevera talked to the guy but only seen the car in the yard lol
[right][snapback]290329[/snapback][/right]

What city were you searching on autotrader? It has a 519 area code .. milage listed in KMs ... photos have cars in the background with New York state license plates and he talks about AAA in the ad. Doesn't add up!! lol

-George
I found a evo on kijiji like 2 months ago for $5500 lol good deal ehh :)

scam....

Hello there,

I appreciate that you contacted me. First let me say that the 2006 Mitsubishi : Lancer Evolution IX is available for $5,500 ( final price ).
It has only 22200 km ,the trans is manual .Is 4-Wheel Drive .
It is in good condition, there's no scratches or any dents on it,very well maintained,please check the pictures, I have a clear title for it, no liens or loans. I also hand washed the car once a week and wax it every few months!
A Totally Rust, Corrosion And Flood Free Vehicle.Never been in any accidents.Where are you located?
The reason why I'm selling it so cheap (it`s real value is far from this price...) is because my 8 year old daughter is very sick and we need those money as soon as possible,right now i don`t care of it`s real price,my daughter`s health is more important.....
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate ask
Best Regards