FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Great Deal For Summer Tire Owners!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CRAPPY TIRE.

TIRE STAND FOR YOUR SUMMER TIRES.

[Image: 0090073_450_CC_49a39.jpg]

GREAT DEAL / IDEA

yeah just saw that in the paper...super deal!
good Idea if you have the space in the garage for it.... not to mention those are toyota corolla rims.
B)

Time to add that to my shopping list
I need four!!! ..............oh wait I'm only going to need two in the hopefully near future! I'm definitely picking them up tomorrow. Expect a report in the evening.

Wow, nice find! i'm sure its going to look good in my apartment bedroom (im not joking, i have a lot of OEM parts in a corner, like a front bumper, a set of headlight, a set of tail light, a valve cover, 2 seats...)
Picked one up last night.

At first I set it up and thought....this thing is flimsy :blink:

Add the 150lbs. of tires on it and it's VERY stable.
Why do I need a $25 rack to stack tires on top of each other? You know, if you place them carefully, gravity and friction hold them in a nice stack automatically. ;)
P-51,Oct 21 2005, 09: Wrote:Why do I need a $25 rack to stack tires on top of each other?  You know, if you place them carefully, gravity and friction hold them in a nice stack automatically. ;)
[right][snapback]150656[/snapback][/right]

One thing you will have to start thinking about is "kid proofing" you house. There would be less risk of tipping stacked tires with a set up like that should someone start climbing. I've been dropping a big stick down the middle of my stacked tires as a temporary measure till now.
It looks neat, but with my tires stacked in the shed as they are... I don't need it.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 21 2005, 02:30 PM Wrote:It looks neat, but with my tires stacked in the shed as they are... I don't need it.
[right][snapback]150667[/snapback][/right]

Mine are in the garage, which will be off limits, since there are way more dangerous things in there than stacks of tires.
I've got three sets of rims and tires stacked four high on a shelf in my garage and I couldn't use a stand like that (15" Nokian Hakka's on steel could be for sale if I had enough posts) ... but the stand does seem to keep the weight of the tires off each other ... is there any potential harm to the tire in stacking them on top of each other?

P-51,Oct 21 2005, 02: Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 21 2005, 02:30 PM Wrote:It looks neat, but with my tires stacked in the shed as they are... I don't need it.
[right][snapback]150667[/snapback][/right]

Mine are in the garage, which will be off limits, since there are way more dangerous things in there than stacks of tires.
[right][snapback]150727[/snapback][/right]
Bought two of them today.
we throw them in a pile in the garage.... i set from the van, one set from the jetta one set from my car, one pair from my brothers car... we also have two other tire racks built outside