FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Need Some Help...long Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey eveyone, i haave a couple oif questions to ask. last week i had my battery light come on, so i thought it could have been a battery or alternator problem.
so i go and talk to the mechanics at work (crappy tire) the run an alternator and battery test. the test came out bad battery and the alternator came out at 129 amps, which is fine that passed. so i got a new battery yesterday. and the battery light still comes on, so im driving home and all off a sudden my guages dimm and my radio starts cutting out, driving a little more then i get the ABS / traction light / and passenger air bag light come on. after that my face guages just dropped and the car started bogging. i get home and see what happens if i were to turn the heat on and the car shuts off. i try to start it and i get no response.

would anyone know what the problem might be b4 i bring it to the dealer?

thanks

ZTS_DJ,Oct 20 2005, 01:04 AM Wrote:hey eveyone, i haave a couple oif questions to ask. last week i had my battery light come on, so i thought it could have been a battery or alternator problem.
so i go and talk to the mechanics at work (crappy tire) the run an alternator and battery test. the test came out bad battery and the alternator came out at 129 amps, which is fine that passed. so i got a new battery yesterday. and the battery light still comes on, so im driving home and all off a sudden my guages dimm and my radio starts cutting out, driving a little more then i get the ABS / traction light / and passenger air bag light come on. after that my face guages just dropped and the car started bogging. i get home and see what happens if i were to turn the heat on and the car shuts off. i try to start it and i get no response.

would anyone know what the problem might be b4 i bring it to the dealer?

thanks
[right][snapback]150328[/snapback][/right]
Have you checked your belt tension and tensioner?

Could also be a bad ground (battery to ground or engine ground) or bad hot (+) lead, check for a loose connection at the underhood fuse block.
i could check it out but its 6:45 am and the car doesnt start lol
The battery went dead. For some reason it is not charging. check the connections at the batt and alternator, clean them as well. I think there is a fusible link in the charging harness as well, might want to check that.

Edit: I just checked the cd manual. There is a fuse in the box under the hood for charging system. It's 10 amp. Might want to check that. Doesn't seem to be any fusible links.
fuse.
alternator
bad ground.
belt tensioner.

All forementioned.
alternator 129amps?

wtf?

do you have an aftermarket alt. the stock is supposed to put out 110.

could be a regulator.
scoobasteve,Oct 20 2005, 11:05 AM Wrote:alternator 129amps?

wtf?

do you have an aftermarket alt. the stock is supposed to put out 110.

could be a regulator.
[right][snapback]150384[/snapback][/right]

i know 129 sounds fishy. brought it to the dealer ship and it is the alternator, the AVR machine at crappy tire isnt working properly so now i need to dish out $540 to fix the car and i get it tomorrow

EDIT: no aftermarket alternator just the stock one
with your stereo i wouldn't be suprised that it was the stereo..... i would have had it rebuilt and made it stronger