FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rogers Cable Begging People To Go Digital
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I used to have cable TV. The reception was crap. Very snowy at times and always grainy. Cable went out at least twice a month. Rogers was here many many times. They changed everything. They basically told me that was as good as it gets until they upgrade everything. They told me there were no plans to upgrade my area at all. My internet has been going out every day for the last 3 weeks. They have been here and found nothing. I had to wait a week to get an appointment and I would have had to wait 2 weeks to get an evening appt.

I swithced to bell expressvu and never looked back. The picture is perfect all the time. I have maybe 1 or 2 outages per year. Only in the most severe hurricane type rain does it go out. I get way more channels better everything for the same money. Probably less money than cable now. I pay 56 per month for ALL the channels including movies. I also have 3 tv's hooked up. As far as I am concerned Rogers sucks a$$. My buddy has rogers digital at his place with all the upgraded lines etc and he doesn't compare to my picture.

Finally the Rogers repair man that was here on Friday told me that they cannot get the same qualtiy pic as satelite and they never will. That came right out of the ROGERS employees mouth. Yes a RGOERS employee not a sub contractor.
S'funny... I went to help a co-worker with his new home theatre setup last night. He has a 50ish inch big screen TV and Expressvu. After seeing that, and discounting the analog channels... I'd rather keep my Cogeco digital cable and upgrade to HiDef next year.
Really I hate seeing the pixellation that occures on TBS, YTV, CFTO, Global ( hamilton / toronto ) and a few other channels..... One thing that bugs me the most is the fact when anyone is watching tv in the living room, and I'm watching the same channel in my room on my tv without the box, I really hate the ecco fromt he 5 sec delay from the box in the living room......... I alway have to close my door or crank the volume on my tv just to hear the tv correctly.
crazikev,Oct 21 2005, 12:32 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Oct 20 2005, 01:56 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Oct 20 2005, 07:23 AM Wrote:Nothing is free or included any more... [right][snapback]150348[/snapback][/right]

My TV is free and from what I am reading saves me $1200 per year and countless brain cells.
[right][snapback]150447[/snapback][/right]
how do you get a free tv?
[right][snapback]150597[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

I knew I'd catch one of the youngsters!

Didn't you hear? They are literally giving it away, like it was "air" or something, they have been for more than 50 years. That's why TV has commercials; so you don't have to pay for it.
My advice is to go to your local Sattelite shop and buy a FTA receiver like a Fortec, Pansat or CoolSAT 4000 a dish and get yourself some TV.

Laterz :)
K_OS,Oct 23 2005, 08:26 PM Wrote:My advice is to go to your local Sattelite shop and buy a FTA receiver like a Fortec, Pansat or CoolSAT 4000 a dish and get yourself some TV.

Laterz :)
[right][snapback]151025[/snapback][/right]

Not so easy to do when you live in a condo (read: impossible)

'course I found out that Bell ExpressVu is sniffing around now (They have a service that can be used w/o a sat dish) if they offer HDTV, since I already have my internet through them...

NefCanuck
you can use a dish so long as you're facing southwest (in eastern ontario anyways)...

but yeah, Bell is going to be offering IPTV.. TV over your DSL line. It's pretty sweet, Manitoba has been running it for a few years now... i wonder if it'll be as good a deal as what MTS offers.

MTS offers 1 box that'll service 4 TVs (and 4 RF remotes).. telephone line goes into box, box has outs for 4 TVs, and each remote corresponds to one output... and it's pretty cheap too.

not to mention when you get a phonecall, the cable box can be set to automatically mute your TV and display the caller ID on the TV.

technology, ain't it great?
darkpuppet,Oct 24 2005, 08:59 AM Wrote:you can use a dish so long as you're facing southwest (in eastern ontario anyways)...

but yeah, Bell is going to be offering IPTV.. TV over your DSL line.  It's pretty sweet, Manitoba has been running it for a few years now... i wonder if it'll be as good a deal as what MTS offers.

MTS offers 1 box that'll service 4 TVs (and 4 RF remotes).. telephone line goes into box, box has outs for 4 TVs, and each remote corresponds to one output... and it's pretty cheap too. 

not to mention when you get a phonecall, the cable box can be set to automatically mute your TV and display the caller ID on the TV.

[right][snapback]151084[/snapback][/right]

they already have it as a test run in many condominiums in ontario. it uses a VDSL-like technology
darkpuppet,Oct 24 2005, 08:59 AM Wrote:you can use a dish so long as you're facing southwest (in eastern ontario anyways)...

but yeah, Bell is going to be offering IPTV.. TV over your DSL line.  It's pretty sweet, Manitoba has been running it for a few years now... i wonder if it'll be as good a deal as what MTS offers.

and order pizza from pizza pizza with your remote, check out your work email & schedule with your remote, with many more cool features !! I personally cant wait for IPTV!!! Gotta get rid of these rogers accounts. <_< :lol:
paolo,Oct 24 2005, 09:38 AM Wrote:

they already have it as a test run in many condominiums in ontario. it uses a VDSL-like technology
[right][snapback]151089[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but last I knew it was only offering SDTV (Standard Digital TV) through the VDSL connections, it was an issue regarding available bandwidth that they couldn't offer HDTV. I wonder if they've solved that issue since then? (six months ago)

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2