FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Read The Friggin' Manual!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay I gotta rant, seeing as how I can't call the user who did this on it as its my boss <_<

Boss calls me in the AM from home in a panic, one of the office laptops won't boot up and he says he's gone through the entire users manual the laptop came with. I tell him bring it in and I'll see what I can do (I'm already having visions of trying to get Sony Canada to fix it)

So I try to boot it up and 'lo and behold, just like the boss says, she no boot, so I go diving into the owners manual under troubleshooting (Remember, the boss says he went through it)

I hit the first suggestion, which is to yank the battery and the AC connection, the reconnect it after a minute, starting with the AC first. Guess what?

IT LIVES!

So I look at the boss who says that he actually tried that with no success (If he actually did, I'll EAT my Focus <_< )

Sometimes people really are that stupid (Or think you are :rolleyes: )

NefCanuck
Been in the same situation. I'm telling you that what the manual says doesn't always work.

Start Eating.

Also post pics of your progress.
Makes you wonder how they became management huh???
bluetoy,Oct 19 2005, 06:48 PM Wrote:Been in the same situation. I'm telling you that what the manual says doesn't always work.

Start Eating.

[right][snapback]150273[/snapback][/right]

Hey, it doesn't count if *I* follow the exact same instructions that he *claims* he did which he says failed and *I* got it to work :P

Though why in the hell they have a reset procedure that includes yanking the battery & then the AC power cable and then re-attaching them, makes no sense...

Gotta love Sony laptops <_<

NefCanuck
ANTHONYD,Oct 19 2005, 07:08 PM Wrote:Makes you wonder how they became management huh???
[right][snapback]150276[/snapback][/right]

In his case I swear it was dumb blind luck :rolleyes:

IT could be worse, there are other Executive Directors in the other clinics I wouldn't work for if the alternative was death they're just that scary :ph34r:

NefCanuck
It's like the chinese people that come in to my store asking why they're beign charged an extra $xx and when I look at their bill, it blatently says "Credit of $xx"

You tell them "This is a credit" and they say "Ya, why I have to pay?!" "No no, Rogers is giving money to you!" "Why?! I already pay" "No, you don't understand. I'm not asking you for money, we're giving it to you (enter the hand gestures)" "Stupid company! I cancel!"

Ugh.
Raine,Oct 19 2005, 09:13 PM Wrote:It's like the chinese people that come in to my store asking why they're beign charged an extra $xx and when I look at their bill, it blatently says "Credit of $xx"

You tell them "This is a credit" and they say "Ya, why I have to pay?!" "No no, Rogers is giving money to you!" "Why?! I already pay" "No, you don't understand. I'm not asking you for money, we're giving it to you (enter the hand gestures)" "Stupid company! I cancel!"

Ugh.
[right][snapback]150295[/snapback][/right]

LMAO Raine, thats funny as hell.

I have people who come in and ask various questions like how to turn on their phone, theyre pressing the END Key and theres a big key right beside it thats labeled POWER Button, I'm like, "Sir, maybe you should try the Power Button to see if it works" guy says "No, I almost got it, a few more tries" "u sure?" man finally presses power button and IT TURNS ON Man: "oh you were right" Me:"I know, cus it says that in the manual"
Raine,Oct 19 2005, 09:13 PM Wrote:"Stupid company! I cancel!"

Hey that's what I said
paolo,Oct 19 2005, 08:48 PM Wrote:
Raine,Oct 19 2005, 09:13 PM Wrote:It's like the chinese people that come in to my store asking why they're beign charged an extra $xx and when I look at their bill, it blatently says "Credit of $xx"

Ugh.

LMAO Raine, thats funny as hell.

I have people who come in and ask various questions like how to turn on their phone, theyre pressing the END Key and theres a big key right beside it thats labeled POWER Button, I'm like, "Sir, maybe you should try the Power Button to see if it works" guy says "No, I almost got it, a few more tries" "u sure?" man finally presses power button and IT TURNS ON Man: "oh you were right" Me:"I know, cus it says that in the manual"
[right][snapback]150309[/snapback][/right]

Hmm I've been working at Startek whose client is Cingular wireless for 2yrs now, well was att now cingular who gives a s**t, anyways... Yah I've been there and done that. and my customers ARE AMERICANS. LIKE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
lol funny post............

but really, you don't have to have anything but a grade school deploma to be management these days lol....
I sometimes put on peoples Workorders funny stuff.. Complaint: wont power up, Resolution: RTFM!
paolo,Oct 20 2005, 07:08 PM Wrote:I sometimes put on peoples Workorders funny stuff..  Complaint: wont power up,  Resolution: RTFM!
[right][snapback]150543[/snapback][/right]
RTFM! LMFAO
One of my favourites is when Sara used to work for a call center here in NB. She got a call from a guy who was upset his phone never rang, so he called the help center on his landline. It turns out he never charged the phone when he bought it, and so it ran for the first 15 minutes and powered off. He argued for half an hour that the phones were supposed to last for weeks on standby and that this was totally unacceptable.

Then she asks him how many times he has plugged in the phone since he bought it. Answer: none.

Jeez, you might wanna plug it in at LEAST once, sparky! :rolleyes:

My personal favourite was when I got a call from a client site for one of our jobs. One of our guys can't get his email. I ask him what he's using for email , should be Outlook - "Outlook Express". I ask him how he's getting on the Internet - "no idea". I ask him who's in charge of the network for the client (seeing as it's theirs) - "no idea".

I then proceed to ask him if he's ever been able to go on the network and hit the Internet - "yep, till they came in and did something last week. Is our email server down?" GRRRRRR :angry:

I pretty much lost it at that point, told him to find the client's IT guy and get him to walk him through the troubleshooting, seeing as it wasn't our network, the machines have obviously been altered, and I have no idea what makes up the infrastructure or how to resolve his problem.

And then I told him I was sending him an email for him to reply to when he finally gets Internet access back. :P

Some days....
so basically someone had a ID 10 T error huh????

bwahhahhahhah
lmao.....................

Sounds like the morons that come through the drive thru at my work in the mornings.

Customer : can I get a cappiccino ?
me: Sure, hot or cold ?
C: umm hot.
m: french vanilla, english toffee, or Cafe Mocha, or Smoothie ?
C: Ohhh Smoothie
m: what flavor ?
C: what do you have ?
m: they are listed in front of you.
C: I don't see them.
m: on the speaker box.
C: oh Butter Caramel!
m: ok what size ?
C: Butter Caramel
m: no, what size ?
C: I told you butter caramel
m: Small, Medium, Large, extra Large ?
C: OHhhhhhhhhhhhhh large.
m: ok........... anything else ?
C: no
m: ok $1.70 drive though.
Me to Staff over the Headsets: Do I have to hold her hand wile she's ordering ?
Staff: laughing..........
:lol: No joke eh? That's kinda rididulous... how old was this customer?
not sure............ it's all ages really most female customers that blank out like that are 20 ~ 45ish, guys usually it's 20 ~ 35 ish.
NefCanuck,Oct 20 2005, 12:46 AM Wrote:
bluetoy,Oct 19 2005, 06:48 PM Wrote:Been in the same situation. I'm telling you that what the manual says doesn't always work.

Start Eating.

[right][snapback]150273[/snapback][/right]

Hey, it doesn't count if *I* follow the exact same instructions that he *claims* he did which he says failed and *I* got it to work :P

Though why in the hell they have a reset procedure that includes yanking the battery & then the AC power cable and then re-attaching them, makes no sense...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]150282[/snapback][/right]

you sir are gifted with magic hands, everything you touch with your hands will in turn be magic or magical as the case may be.

nass,Oct 24 2005, 10:47 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Oct 20 2005, 12:46 AM Wrote:Hey, it doesn't count if *I* follow the exact same instructions that he *claims* he did which he says failed and *I* got it to work  :P

NefCanuck

you sir are gifted with magic hands, everything you touch with your hands will in turn be magic or magical as the case may be.
[right][snapback]151107[/snapback][/right]

"Magic"? That's one way to put 'em I guess. Tried to fix my toilet last night (constantly refilling itself) and screwed it up so bad I had to close the shut off valve :blink:

God, give me something electronic, I'm in my element, anything mechanical and it's Russian Roulette with a loaded Uzi <_<

Anyone know the number of a good plumber in the GTA? :(

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 24 2005, 10:55 AM Wrote:
nass,Oct 24 2005, 10:47 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Oct 20 2005, 12:46 AM Wrote:Hey, it doesn't count if *I* follow the exact same instructions that he *claims* he did which he says failed and *I* got it to work  :P

NefCanuck

[right][snapback]151107[/snapback][/right]

"Magic"? That's one way to put 'em I guess. Tried to fix my toilet last night (constantly refilling itself) and screwed it up so bad I had to close the shut off valve :blink:

God, give me something electronic, I'm in my element, anything mechanical and it's Russian Roulette with a loaded Uzi <_<

Anyone know the number of a good plumber in the GTA? :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]151110[/snapback][/right]

LMAO..................... :rofl:

well there is always Mr. rotor router ? I think they are in the yellow pages.
Pages: 1 2