FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Ride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So while the escape treated us good for 5 years, the gas use for me to use it as a daily driver was way too high. 120km a day and effectively getting 17mpg highway/city sucked at the gas pump.

So now we have our first non ford in a while, I needed something different and rather like the choice I made. 2006 Matrix Auto w/ 80k. I looked at a whole bunch of cars, and finally this one had everything we wanted. It actually has as much room inside as the escape for hauling stuff and uses less than 1/2 the gas so its a win win for us.

[Image: 06Matrix.jpg]

I tried to make it a focus, but every one I looked at in the price range was in crappy shape, and had one thing or another that was not right.
Nice choice Kev. But it needs a drop. LOL :P
No XRS with the 180HP motor? :( :P

Nice ride. Why no manual?
ho just the 126hp motor, less power = less fuel used. As for the auto it was one of my restrictions from the wife, she can drive stick but likes auto allot more.

I'll be lightly modding this, nothing crazy like the zx3, just a tint, k&n filter and maybe swap the stereo with mp3. A drop maybe when this suspension dies, but thats a long time away...
Just a question Kev. How many different cars have been in your driveway over the past few years? At least 4 or 5 right?
Hey Kev, did you look into a TDI? for the amout of driving you do, you could have saved a lot more on fuel.
I looked at a few TDI's, all the ones I saw where at those shady road side dealers and always rusty, messed up with 180k on them and they still wanted way too much.

Kev I've had a few cars in the driveway....lol I know I shoulda just stuck with one, i've got this one for a long long time tho.. in my count there has been 6 ... is that too many?
Matrix is a nice rig, though the controls inside are so messed up to me as to be useless. Dad bought an '05 about a year before he passed away, I hated riding in the damn thing, felt high & tippy to me. Not to mention the bizzare control layout (That crazy high mounted gearshift level on the autobox is an evil thing, NVM the stock centre stack otherwise :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
6 is not bad.

So far since the focus, i had 00 Focus Zx3, 02 focus ZTS, 01 ZX3
03 focus ZTW, 04 escape, 05 freestyle, 99 sunfire, 97 Jetta,

now days we got 02 Jetta TDI and 02 CRV

there was lot more before the focus, but this is all since 2000 :)
congrats on the next ride.
we'd also considered the matrix, but didn't find 'the one' that felt right, so much used stock and finding one with the correct mix of options, it was way too much work for a car we weren't totally in love with.
Congratulations on your new purchase. My neighbour has one and thinks it's great. However, as a side note, he was in an accident in it, and they gave him an 06 Focus wagon to use. He liked the Focus better. I ask him what he feeds the hamsters that run the thing when I hear it start up. If it was me, I'd be buying an extra larger tim horton's for the drive in, to stay awake :D
A fine car indeed.
I have a friend who owns on and he's NEVER had any issues with it.

And the thing sips gas!

ENJOY!
Another non domestic supporter lol Nice purchase I like it alot better than its pontiac counterpart and It looks sportier than the focus wagon.
While it is NON domestic what makes me feel good is the sticker on the door. "MADE IN CANADA" I don't remember ever having a car made in canada before.
hardk0re,Jul 2 2009, 01:06 PM Wrote:While it is NON domestic what makes me feel good is the sticker on the door.  "MADE IN CANADA"  I don't remember ever having a car made in canada before.
[right][snapback]290485[/snapback][/right]

Some of the best Toyotas and Lexus made anywhere are made right here ... another tribute to the brothas and sistas of the ... oh wait, never mind.
^^^ LOL.

Made in Canada is certainly a good thing!

Toyota = quality

Congrats.