FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Know?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well the other day me and my buddy went to yorkton to buy a new graphics card for my computer (ATI X300) and it turned out to be the wrong kind, the box was miss printed. i need PCI cards not PCI express. so.. yea

I was a little angry and didn't feel like another dull trip to turkey town. So me and my buddy tried to make it 2 yorkton as fast as we could. so by that. when ever we saw no on was in front of us or coming at us. we would floor it. and it only seemed to go up to 160. then it stopped wanting to go high. tho my engine seemed to have quite a few rpms before we were in trouble. So my question is.

Is there a limiter(fuel shut off) set to a certain speed on 2001 focus models and if so, can i disengage it?
160km/h is the limit of the focus only way to get rid of it is to tune your car, but i'd get better tires before attepting any of those speeds.
on a sedan usually the limiter kicks in round 170 kms ~ 180 Kms depends on the model of focus you have really.
On my 2000 ZX3 the limiter kicks in @ 175km/h or 107mph. To get rid of it you need to buy a chip!
Mine kicks in between 175 and 180...
Mine goes at 165-170.
actually its 180... thats how fast i went untill it cut off on me
`oh! ok thanks everybody. That solves alot of problems for me now. ^_^
Thanks!

So i guess after i finsh paying up the 5G's for my car. it'll be brand new rubber then a super chip.
Hehe I got no limit :D
Nor do i...

wow someone still uses a PCI graphics board....

whoa.
scoobasteve,Oct 19 2005, 12:05 PM Wrote:Nor do i...

wow someone still uses a PCI graphics board....

whoa.
[right][snapback]150145[/snapback][/right]

That's gotta be some old POS. I wonder if it even plays Quake 3?
Unless....
He's an unfortunate soul with onboard graphics and no agp slot.
scoobasteve,Oct 19 2005, 12:20 PM Wrote:Unless....
He's an unfortunate soul with onboard graphics and no agp slot.
[right][snapback]150155[/snapback][/right]
Or......

He's an individual that wants to run a second video card and not split performance on his fast card, which I do.

AGP card runs the main monitor, PCI runs the second one.

[Image: PCSetup.jpg]