FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Condensation On The Windshield.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My GF has a 2004 ZX5. She seems to notice that there is a lot of condensation on the inside of the windshield when its cold out. I know thats 100% normal, but she gets alot, I mean like it drips off the windshield onto the dash. Is this normal? What could be causing this? I told her i'd ask somebody on here, if anybody knows, it'll be you guys! Thanks!
The air inside has to be moist, in order it for water to condense against the cold surface of the glass.

Does this happen every morning, evening, or only after a rainstorm or something?
GapBoyPCS,Oct 18 2005, 11:43 PM Wrote:Does this happen every morning, evening, or only after a rainstorm or something?
[right][snapback]150005[/snapback][/right]

very good point Rich, Also run the AC and heat at the same time. obviously there is too much humidity inside of her car.

Touch the front and back carpets as well. maybe something is leaking inside of the car.

Good luck
Mo
mo_focus,Oct 18 2005, 11:52 PM Wrote:[quote=GapBoyPCS,Oct 18 2005, 11:43 PM]

Does this happen every morning, evening, or only after a rainstorm or something?
[right][snapback]150005[/snapback][/right]

It Happens whenever it is cold. Gonna check around the car to see if there is any leaks in carpet.
Don't run the heat in the recirculate/max A/C position.

The A/C runs whenever the switch is in defrost or defrost/floor position. All I can think of is that she is using the recirc position.
Hey, dannyq............................boooooooooooooooooo

to your avator
meford4u,Oct 18 2005, 10:30 PM Wrote:Hey, dannyq............................boooooooooooooooooo

to your avator
[right][snapback]150026[/snapback][/right]

Typical Leafs fan :P :P :P :P :P :P
bluetoy,Oct 18 2005, 10:36 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Oct 18 2005, 10:30 PM Wrote:Hey, dannyq............................boooooooooooooooooo

to your avator

[right][snapback]150030[/snapback][/right]

boooooooooooo to you too old man!
meford4u,Oct 18 2005, 10:39 PM Wrote:
bluetoy,Oct 18 2005, 10:36 PM Wrote:

to your avator

[right][snapback]150030[/snapback][/right]

boooooooooooo to you too old man!
[right][snapback]150031[/snapback][/right]

I can't hear you from up here... At the top that is :lol: :lol: :lol:
bluetoy,Oct 18 2005, 09:42 PM Wrote:I can't hear you from up here... At the top that is :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]150032[/snapback][/right]

Oh c'mon, you're tied with the RANGERS... it's not that big a feat. Wait for a while longer hmm?
Does she park the car inside or outside on the street?

If she parks in a garage I am not sure what it could be but, if she parks outside there is a good chance that one of the carpets in her car is humid from water getting into the cabin, usually after a good rain storm.

Raine,Oct 18 2005, 11:02 PM Wrote:
bluetoy,Oct 18 2005, 09:42 PM Wrote:I can't hear you from up here... At the top that is :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Oh c'mon, you're tied with the RANGERS... it's not that big a feat. Wait for a while longer hmm?
[right][snapback]150041[/snapback][/right]
yeah, go kick somebody else, and poke somebody elses eye out, Senators are dirtier than a bum in a 6 foot deep ditch
I had the same problem in winter only with the old focus, but it was due to everyone not removing snow off their shoes, and well it melted into the carpets and it made it's way to the windows.

Best thing I can say is let the car run for a little while with the heat on both the floor and windows, and it should help out in drying the car up a bit. If this dose not work, call ford and have them investigate the problem.

Side Note: After all the damage in the south, and flouding from all the hurricanes, Don't be afraid to run a CARFAX check on any car recently as most crooks out there will dry out these cars and resell them on the open market out of state, and yes some of these cars do end up in Canada. That's if she bought it used.
meford4u,Oct 19 2005, 02:30 AM Wrote:Hey, dannyq............................boooooooooooooooooo

to your avator

All I can say is.... GO SENS GO!!
crazikev,Oct 19 2005, 01:39 AM Wrote:

yeah, go kick somebody else, and poke somebody elses eye out, Senators are dirtier than a bum in a 6 foot deep ditch
[right][snapback]150052[/snapback][/right]

The Sens will RULE ALL for the regular season. They will then lose in 4 straight first round of the playoffs to someone who squeaked in by a fluke.

Kicking and poking are only dirty when you are on the receiving end.

BTW. I have much dislike for hockey. I don't follow it and I don't care about it. For some strange reason I can't be a fan of a bunch of multimillionaire cry babies who could not give a crap about the game they are paid insane amounts of money to play. They are only there for the money. That goes for 90% of the players. The other 10% are retiring or dead.

Oh and what happened with the fog on the windshield?
dannyq,Oct 19 2005, 05:23 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Oct 19 2005, 02:30 AM Wrote:Hey, dannyq............................boooooooooooooooooo

to your avator

All I can say is.... GO SENS GO!!
[right][snapback]150262[/snapback][/right]

...straight to hell in a handcart? Oh I forgot, that happens after the Sens meet the Leafs in the playoffs :P :1kissass: :rofl:

Getting back on the topic, I find my '05 sometimes has trouble clearing the windows unless I crank the fanspeed to full *&* hit the A/C while cranking the cabin temp to max.

Is that just the nature of the beast or do I have a problem worth dropping the car off again?

NefCanuck
i have had 3 focus - i - and all them are the same - its just the damn cars - get used to it or rub some rain-x on the inside of the window - keeps the moisture to a bare minimum

ciao
bluetoy,Oct 19 2005, 10:45 PM Wrote:
crazikev,Oct 19 2005, 01:39 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]150052[/snapback][/right]

The Sens will RULE ALL for the regular season. They will then lose in 4 straight first round of the playoffs to someone who squeaked in by a fluke.

Kicking and poking are only dirty when you are on the receiving end.

BTW. I have much dislike for hockey. I don't follow it and I don't care about it. For some strange reason I can't be a fan of a bunch of multimillionaire cry babies who could not give a crap about the game they are paid insane amounts of money to play. They are only there for the money. That goes for 90% of the players. The other 10% are retiring or dead.

Oh and what happened with the fog on the windshield?
[right][snapback]150271[/snapback][/right]

AHAHAH I have to agree with that, 1st place in your division gets you what?? a $100,000? That means nothing playoff time. The SENS do have a tradition of choking in the playoffs but I know ( and hope) that will all change this year!!!
focusnme,Oct 20 2005, 01:02 AM Wrote:i have had 3 focus - i -    and all them are the same - its just the damn cars - get used to it or rub some rain-x on the inside of the window - keeps the moisture to a bare minimum

ciao
[right][snapback]150291[/snapback][/right]

I have a 2001 SE and I have no trouble at all with condensation. She parks her focus on a big angle, nose facing to the ground, could that contribute to it? ( just guessing).
way to stay on topic guys.

I'm not sure that the parking angle would make much difference.. just run the car with regular defrost on...

and check for the leaks, and you should be fine.
Pages: 1 2