FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2005 Ford Focus - Dead Fuel Sender & Pump!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
GET OFF THE REGUALAR GAS!!!!!!!!!

I keep raving about it but it is true. IT'S GARBAGE!

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OCTANE BEING "ONLY" 87 IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE POOR QUALITY/DIRTYNESS OF THE PRODUCT.

Is there a smiley for "blue in the face" from talking about all the things wrong with regular gas?
That's a poor excuse. You can't blame this all on the grade of petrolium you use. Why are 20 other manufacturers able to make cars that run on regular gas just fine without having fuel pump issues, but Focus owners have to pay an extra 7c a litre in order for our cars to continue working? Bullshit.
scoobasteve,Oct 18 2005, 11:17 AM Wrote:oi oi oi! the focus is no longer made in mexico MANG..

Built FORD TOUGH in america!
[right][snapback]149857[/snapback][/right]
is that an improvement??

hopefully the dealer is right, not that its coming out of ur pocket.
Update: Ford called, car is ready, no mention of them changing the fuel filter or charging me if they did. I'm gonna pick it up now and see if they'll have a nasty surprise waiting for me when I get there <_<

NefCanuck
You should hope they change the filter.

ZX5focused,Oct 18 2005, 12:07 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Oct 18 2005, 11:17 AM Wrote:oi oi oi! the focus is no longer made in mexico MANG..

Built FORD TOUGH in america!
[right][snapback]149857[/snapback][/right]
is that an improvement??

[right][snapback]149873[/snapback][/right]

Certainly not!
Car is back, took my time getting back from the dealership so I could run it and make sure that everything is okay. The low fuel light was on when I picked the car up and so I filled up with regular grade, 44L later. Car seems much more eager to rev now than it was before they changed the fuel pump so we'll see.

They washed the car, which was a nice touch.

So Erinwood Ford made good, took a bit longer than it should have, but I guess I can't fault them for not expecting something like this to happen so soon.

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2