FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wow, Stock 15's Vs 17's... What A Difference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I popped the 15's back on today... was going to do it last week but figured I'd wait till after the cruise. I am just shocked that I had the car like this for so long before getting the 17's... wow. Both appearance and performance wise, I MUCH prefer the 17's. There are only two discernable benefits to having the 15's back on; firstly, they're more comfortable. The ride is obviously smoother with more air blocking the rim from taking a beating. Secondly there's no rub, which is a nice change :P But short of that I can't really think of anything else I like about them over the 17's. They sit much farther in, so the fender flare looks weird, they are narrower, thereby reducing the stance width (and thus the stability) of the car, more sidewall = more roll in cornering which in turn = reduced cornering speed (partially to do with cheap tires), etc... I miss my 17's :( Damned winter
I'm going back to 14's soon. So that's going to be an even bigger shock. :ph34r:
i always thought that having smaller diameter rims will give less rotational mass which in turn helps with acceleration. so there's another plus to having smaller rims. i'm currently running the stock 17's on my SVTF, but i have bought a set of 16's that i'm gonna use for next summer with some falken azenis rt615's for track.
I changed tires from 17 to 15" also.

The ride is so much more comfotable. No way Im going back to 17"s again....
I'll be on my 15" but i'm dropping from 16" so its not too bad, still prefer the bigger tires
Yeah I like the stock 16's over the stock 15's nicer ride and just as smooth.
Crazirich,Oct 19 2005, 09:29 AM Wrote:I'll be on my 15" but i'm dropping from 16" so its not too bad, still prefer the bigger tires
[right][snapback]150091[/snapback][/right]

Hmm, i thought the ST had the SVT brakes.
nope, i don't think they are the same as older foci but they are a different part number from previous year.... definately not svt
Here are my snows and 95 Contour rims last year....(monster truck height wow) Perfect fit

[Image: 15s.jpg]