FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Traffic Disruptions During Toronto Marathon Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There will be some traffic disruptions during the Toronto Marathon on Sunday. More than 42 kilometres of city streets will be busy with runners. Sections of major streets downtown will be reserved for the runners only. An estimated 10,000 people will take part in Sunday's race. The early bird start for marathon is 8 a.m. with the main marathon start time set for 9 a.m. The closures and lane restrictions will likely last until 4 p.m.

Marathon Route:
The race begins in front of Mel Lastman Square on Yonge Street. Participants run/walk south on Yonge St. to Sheppard Ave. - West on Sheppard to Allen Rd. North - Allen Rd. N. to G. Ross Lord Park (just north of Finch Ave.) entering the park for approx. 2.5 km emerging on Steeles Ave. - Steeles Ave. East to Yonge St. - South on Yonge St. to Chaplin Crescent - West on Chaplin to Oriole Parkway - South on Oriole Parkway to Kilbarry Rd. - West on Kilbarry to Spadina Rd. - South on Spadina Rd. through Forest Hill Village around Casa Loma and South on Walmer Rd. to Davenport Rd. - Davenport Rd. East to Boulton - South back onto Davenport to Belmont St. - Belmont East across Yonge St. to Aylmer Ave. - South on Aylmer to Rosedale Valley Rd. to Bayview Ave. South to Front St. - West on Front to Cherry St. - South on Cherry St. to Lakeshore - West on Lakeshore to York - North on York to University - North on University to the finish line at Queen's Park. (opposite Hart House at the University of Toronto.).
haha, well i guess i just read this a bit late. I was right in the middle of this traffic. Had to use back streets to get out of this.
I'm kinda suprised that its not in the Ontario Forum.......... just my thoughts...... but yeah I'm glad I'm not in Toronto to get cought up in it.
Meh, regional forum, off topic, all the same :P
This whole place is an Ontario forum :lol: .

Toronto ROCKS

Also in traffic news all ramps to Bloor/Bayview/Danforth of the DVP are closed till 5am for resurfacing.