FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fighting Tickets In The Gta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a good article in The Star regarding fighting tickets in the GTA.

Star Article

Quote:Sixty-three per cent of Toronto officers scheduled for traffic court don't show up, resulting in thousands of tickets being tossed out every year, police Chief Bill Blair says, acknowledging a "systemic" problem in the force.

Quote:He also cited a shortage of justices of the peace, which compounds court backlogs that currently mean waits of up to a year before a case gets to trial.

Quote:About 46 per cent of ticketed Toronto motorists contest their tickets in court, Ministry of the Attorney General figures show.

Just goes to show that it's worth a shot to fight any tickets in the GTA the odds are in your favour that the cop won't show up and your ticket will get dismissed. :D

Laterz :)
damn, i always end up being one of the 54%
I was one of the lucky few where mine was toss out of court, for that stupid ticket from that jerk Brampton cop for making him move out of the way as he was blocking traffic talking to his fellow officer.