FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: "what Is Your Reason For Coming To Canada Today?"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was sitting at work today, and during the brief time between waves of mindless idiots calling in, I was half wondering if the border people will say when I tell them I'm going on a car cruise in a focus, especially one thats bone stock. :lol:

Hope I at least get one of the cool guys who are friendly.. and not one of the man-hating, harley riding ice queens like the one who made me pull over and get my car searched last month.

Any suggestions? Anything from honest to something outragious to make me laugh (day 5 of no smoking, and I'm going crazy).
My favorite was when I had a male US guard and what I used when I entered the US was:

I'm going over to meet up with my Boy friend, and have a weekend full of hot sex........ your kinda cute want to join us later for a hot hook up ? :wub:

He was like " umm :o :wtf: " No thanks.... :glare:

I was like are you sure ? ^_^

move a long sir..... :huh:
torradan,Oct 14 2005, 04:41 PM Wrote:Was sitting at work today, and during the brief time between waves of mindless idiots calling in, I was half wondering if the border people will say when I tell them I'm going on a car cruise in a focus, especially one thats bone stock.  :lol:

Hope I at least get one of the cool guys who are friendly.. and not one of the man-hating, harley riding ice queens like the one who made me pull over and get my car searched last month.

Any suggestions?  Anything from honest to something outragious to make me laugh (day 5 of no smoking, and I'm going crazy).
[right][snapback]149127[/snapback][/right]
just say your visiting relatives.

Or say your just smugling toxic waste over the boarder to Mexico, ;) , ok maybe not,

make sure you have no citrus fruits :lol:
that was brave....

I just get stupid questions.

Gaurd: Sir... is that car stolen
Me: Nope
Gaurd: Who's car is it then
Me: My dads
Gaurd: Did you steal it from your dad
Me: no.
Gaurd: So if i pull up the plates, it isnt going to show as stolen
Me: no
Gaurd: Where are you going.
Me: Walden Galleria
Gaurd: Are you in posession of any stolen goods?
Me: No
Gaurd: Move along

Hahaha,

Or there was that time i was kicked INTO america, because the gaurd was scared of sars.

During the sars crisis, i decided hey, its time to walk across the border.
walking across. we were hassled. gaurd asks me where i work. i replied downtown toronto... gaurd just tells me to step outside.
my Grandpa worked at the customs a long time ago.

some Lady from Brampton comes,

Where are you from?

Brampton

Sorry, were not letting people over the boarder from Brampton today, your going to have to turn around and go back :lol:
Frost__2001,Oct 14 2005, 05:48 PM Wrote:I'm going over to meet up with my Boy friend, and have a weekend full of hot sex........ your kinda cute want to join us later for a hot hook up ? :wub: [right][snapback]149129[/snapback][/right]
You're lucky you didn't end up with a body cavity search. Or a date. Or both at the same time. :lol:
It worked though............. the guard was stunned I said that to him................. it was soo worth it to have him turn beat red, and he was this really really buff / big looking guard too.
OAC_Sparky,Oct 14 2005, 06:20 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Oct 14 2005, 05:48 PM Wrote:I'm going over to meet up with my Boy friend, and have a weekend full of hot sex........ your kinda cute want to join us later for a hot hook up ? :wub: [right][snapback]149129[/snapback][/right]
You're lucky you didn't end up with a body cavity search. Or a date. Or both at the same time. :lol:
[right][snapback]149160[/snapback][/right]

No kidding! :lol: That was gutsy frost!
yeah but when I'm doing stuff like that I can say it without flintching... it's great....... I've done other things like that before but that one is my best one lol....
You wouldn't believe the look and questions when I crossed each time in '95, '96 and '98 in the last week of February on a 550cc motorbike and told them I was going to Bike Week in Daytona Florida, which I did and have trophies for "longest distance rode to bike week". A feat that still stands undefeated. I started in Owen Sound too not Toronto.

On the other hand the last time I crossed in the WRX I didn't even have to show anything, absolutley nothing. Could of been the haircut, the baby seat or the fact that my answer to "purpose of visit" was: "I have a meeting with US Department of Homeland Security and the US Coast Guard". (which I did but still, no check at all?)

When I went to FocalExplosion2001 I told the guard I was going to Harrisburg for a car show only because Harrisburg is a major city and Carlisle is a nearby but much smaller town which I thought nobody had ever heard of but I guess she knew her stuff because she said: "don't you mean Carlisle, that's where the have the shows?"

:lol:
hehe Carlisle is VERY popular, have a lot of large shows a year.

Just gonna tell them I'm going to a picnic at NOTL.. easy enough.

Wonder if they'll ask me who owns my car again.. with my name on their screen from the plates, drivers license in their hand.. WOW WE HAVE A WINNER! THEY MATCH, EINSTEIN!
you should have heard all the questions when I went over with my 95 land rover discovery, with my one nephew in the back in his car seat, and my sister in the passenger seat.

What's the milage on your land rover sir ? ( 280,000+ kms :huh: )
What year is your Land Rover sir ? ( 95 you have the ownership in your hand :huh: )
How much did you pay for it sir ? ( nothing :D )
What do you do for a living Sir ? ( supervisor at a tim horton's location :unsure: )
and your driving a land rover ? ( yeah, it was a hand me down :D )
What's in the back sir ? ( tools and two seats that fold away :D )
These two seats there ? ( yeah did you want me to show you ? :huh: )

after all the questions I was like, did you want to take it for a test drive ? or make me an offere ? :)
I'd question anyone with 200,000 on a DISCO as well, certainly is suspicious given the history of those POS:s.
It was a good truck till the tranny went.

I'll admit the more we sunk money in it getting it back to normal running levels, the better it got. Not only that when I got the thing I was the 22nd owner............ it was sent from one lease company to another for 9 years..........
Best one I had was

"Where are you coming in from Sir?"
"Canada"
"I gathered that. Where in Canada?"
"Here?"
"What city do you live in?"
"Toronto"
"And why do you want to enter the United States?"
"I'm hungry"
"Excuse me?"
"I'm hungry"
"I heard you the first time"
"Then why did you say excuse me?"
"What does your hunger have to do with America?"
"You have food in America, do you not?"
"Yes we do"
"I want some of it"
"Why?"
"Because I'm hungry"
"So what's wrong with the food in Toronto?"
"I'm not in Toronto, I'm at the border"
"What food are you going for?"
"Wings... Buffalo Wings :lol:"
"Where?"
"Buffalo"
"Where in Buffalo?"
"The Anchor Bar"
"Oh really? My cousin is one of the bartenders there. If I call him in 15 mins and ask if you're there, will he tell me you are?"
"Not likely"
"I thought you said you were going to the Anchor Bar?"
"I am"
"Then why wouldn't he see you?"
"Is it legal to drink and drive in the United States?"
"Of course not, have you been drinking?"
"No, nor do I plan to be, and considering your cousin is a bar tender, he probably wouldn't see me as a result"

(This went on for another 5 - 10 mins...)
^^ hahah thats a good one
So I get to customs....

for shits and giggles, i tell him i went on a car cruise and picnic for the day.

so he says.. what was the first thing?

I said car cruise, and I was wondering what your reaction would be when I told you i was cruising in a focus.

he just laughed, and told me to go.. heh
hmm strange............ I would have thought he would have believed you.