FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Daniel Craig Confirmed As New 007
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hmm well I'm kinda suprised that they just named a new James Bond...... I kinda liked the last one as he fit the role rather good.

full storie here:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories
He looks like he's 1000 years old
Y'know I saw this Daniel Craig dude for the first time in the paper today and said to myself "Guy must be in his mid forties, not that much younger than Brosnan is"

Imagine my shock when I read the guy is 37! :blink: If he looks this bad at 37 he is not gonna age well into the role...

NefCanuck
I like him as an actor, but as James Bond. Meh.
I think that was a mistake. I dunno, I seen ALOT better others that were in the running that would have IMO made a way better Bond. I know there was a poll where that guy from Italian Job (can't remember his name) and Transporter (or whatever those movies are called) was leading by HUGE percentages over the competition.

There was a 1/2 hour on the radio today about this and how the 'Bond Empire' had basically lost it's stance and is staggering in the face of the two movies with Jason Borne (Borne Identity) and that guy I'm talking about above from Transporter.
Fack, Jude Law or Orlando Blume would have been better.
FociPhil,Oct 14 2005, 04:24 PM Wrote:Fack, Jude Law or Orlando Blume would have been better.
[right][snapback]149103[/snapback][/right]

Lmao........ true, so true.....

Persoanlly I think Mr. Brosnan was and is the best of the bonds, I really hated that crusty old fart from the 70's oh what's his name........... the ugly bond lol not Shawn Connery.
Jason Statham would have made an excellent bond.
MR.T Should be the next bond.
scoobasteve,Oct 14 2005, 05:00 PM Wrote:MR.T Should be the next bond.
[right][snapback]149145[/snapback][/right]
I pity the fool who tries to take over the world
Frost__2001,Oct 14 2005, 05:00 PM Wrote:
FociPhil,Oct 14 2005, 04:24 PM Wrote:Fack, Jude Law or Orlando Blume would have been better.
[right][snapback]149103[/snapback][/right]

Lmao........ true, so true.....

Persoanlly I think Mr. Brosnan was and is the best of the bonds, I really hated that crusty old fart from the 70's oh what's his name........... the ugly bond lol not Shawn Connery.
[right][snapback]149108[/snapback][/right]

... Oi, oi, Roger Moore was a good Bond in his own way. He turned up the comedic factor in a way that seemed forced when Connery really tried to be funny. Sure Moore wasn't the most physically intimidating Bond, but he did have a better flair for the light hearted comedic quip.

My favourite quip from "The Spy Who Loved Me"

Bond to the female lead (Barbara Bach IIRC) as she was grinding the tranny of a van as they were trying to get away from Jaws:

"Can you play any other tunes?" with that smirk and twinkle in his eye, and Bach looks at him like she wants to throttle him :lol:

NefCanuck
I always though Clive Owen would do a good job. He was in those BMW commercial/videos a while back. Seemed alright.

Anyway.. the guy they chose.. bleh...
Actually Robbie williams would have made a good bond I think, a pop star, not to mention looks good in the suits, and is more or less up with the times.
They should have cast Vinnie Jones (Bullet Tooth Tony from Snatch, Sphinx from Gone in Sixty Seconds, Mad Maynard from Eurotrip).

[Image: mptv1.gif]

That would have been sweet, just would have looked a little wierd with this big guy holding a PP7 though.